website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

@bmo Roman is doing some nice coverage of the match on the live if you want to hop over there and read some interesting facts for a few minutes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Eh 26-15 not the worst lost today. In fact it’s the closest game :p. I’d say our ladies have improved a bit, even if they’re fighting for 4th-7th

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

51 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@bmo Roman is doing some nice coverage of the match on the live if you want to hop over there and read some interesting facts for a few minutes.

I have been checking it every so often.  I have also been watching Yankees vs Twins for the past hour or so as well.

1 hour ago, bmo said:

I have been checking it every so often.  I have also been watching Yankees vs Twins for the past hour or so as well.

I have to be honest with you. Baseball is in my bottom 5 sports around the world, but I guess I still appreciate the good games. Thank You for reading our blog every so often too, it means a lot. It will get more useful and better when there’s like 12 sports running at the same time.

Here is team USA schedule today in Lima (all times ET)

10:00 Bowling- Men’s Doubles 1st block

12:30 Beach Volleyball- women’s vs :CRC

2:00 Handball- women’s vs :DOM

2:00 Softball- men’s vs :VEN

2:10 Beach Volleyball- men’s vs :TTO

5:00 Bowling- women’s doubles 1st block

7:45 Squash- women’s singles quarterfinals

8:45 Squash- men’s singles round of 16

Pretty easy game for the women. We’ll win the pool I think. We’ll see if we can go farther than the quarterfinals.

4 minutes ago, bmo said:

After 5 games, the U.S. men’s doubles bowling team is in 3rd place with a score of 2211.  They are behind Mexico & Puerto Rico 

In all honesty as long as we’re no more than 250/400 points behind the leaders we will still be very much in contention for the gold in the second block.

@bmo I didn’t expect the Trinidad and Tobago pair to be that good. That was a fun game for the men. That sky serve is wild.