website statistics

Olympic Games Television Coverage Database

vnkn69

Hi everyone,

I'm starting this thread to share an Olympic Games database, covering the Olympic Games throughout the years. I began with the 1992 Olympic Games, but I will add content from other Olympic Games as well.

This thread is meant to compile full events or highlights from past Olympic Games that were televised, all in one place.

In some cases, the events have the natural audio of the event, uploaded by the IOC on their YouTube page or website.

In other cases, events were recorded by individuals who enjoy preserving Olympic Games commentaries from their country, and these recordings are available on various video websites.

Some rules for this thread are:

• Only TV coverage of the events is allowed.
  • One event can have multiple TV coverages from around the world; for example, the Final of the 1992 Basketball event can have both BBC and NBC coverage.
  • No amateur footage is allowed.
  • No footage from official films is allowed.
  • Videos from websites other than YouTube are also allowed.

You can submit a suggestion for any Olympic Games here in the thread, and I will add it to the database.

If you want to send suggestions, you can also contact me via private messages.

Below is the link to the spreadsheet. If you have any suggestions to improve the spreadsheet, feel free to share them in the thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11QFuTPsLQdFF6PW8YYn5RzOPsZzVl7Xlwl_23a6VeNs

Edited by vnkn69

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Djokovic  vs  Albot (Q) 
    • I spent an hour yesterday downloading Chinese video apps and no result, only future streams 
    • Ons Jabeur had the audacity to withdraw 2 hours after main draw was published
    • Hi everyone,   I'm starting this thread to share an Olympic Games database, covering the Olympic Games throughout the years. I began with the 1992 Olympic Games, but I will add content from other Olympic Games as well.   This thread is meant to compile full events or highlights from past Olympic Games that were televised, all in one place.   In some cases, the events have the natural audio of the event, uploaded by the IOC on their YouTube page or website.   In other cases, events were recorded by individuals who enjoy preserving Olympic Games commentaries from their country, and these recordings are available on various video websites.   Some rules for this thread are: Only TV coverage of the events is allowed. One event can have multiple TV coverages from around the world; for example, the Final of the 1992 Basketball event can have both BBC and NBC coverage. No amateur footage is allowed. No footage from official films is allowed. Videos from websites other than YouTube are also allowed.   You can submit a suggestion for any Olympic Games here in the thread, and I will add it to the database.   If you want to send suggestions, you can also contact me via private messages.   Below is the link to the spreadsheet. If you have any suggestions to improve the spreadsheet, feel free to share them in the thread:   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11QFuTPsLQdFF6PW8YYn5RzOPsZzVl7Xlwl_23a6VeNs    
    • Brackets now out.    https://www.usopen.org/en_US/draws/womens-singles.html
    • Busy few weeks in competitive feature film coming up. TIFF, Venice and San Sebastián all on the docket.    I'm still trying to get through everything I missed over the summer, so it might be a while before I'm ready to watch anything from the fall festivals.
    • Over the moon for Ben O'Conner today! (not only cause i got a bet on him at 9/1 when he was in the break) i can't help but feel he got done dirty in the netflix documentary so want to see him do well, hope he can hold it together and make BORA and the others really work for it now
    • How strong is the field with the Olympics having just ended?
    • World Championships this weekend - live on Eurovision Sport   Eurovision Sport | Canoeing
    • Why does DAS always come into form before or after a major championships.