website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 14

13 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

More likely 7th, the dutch get levreysen to go level with us and then they need one more from somwehere

Italy need 3, women's volleyball they are in the final of if they can find two more thats 8th :water:

And yes, i believe this does matter

Our target is top 5. Missing by 1 is acceptable but coming 7th or 8th is bad. Even through we will beat all but the top 4 in total medals. 

4 minutes ago, RussB said:

Where exactly are they finding the golds from? Serious question as we are down to 2 days to go.

That i know of,

Netherlands: Levreysen is a lock, i dont care that its keirin, hes winning it. 

Italy have volleyball team final, 

Germany in mens handball final, i dont know enough about canoe/kayak sprint but you gotta think they have chances there, beach volleyball final

maybe not italy then but they have a habit of winning things randomly, am not too botherd with japan they are out of our reach same as australia.

7 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

That i know of,

Netherlands: Levreysen is a lock, i dont care that its keirin, hes winning it. 

Italy have volleyball team final, 

Germany in mens handball final, i dont know enough about canoe/kayak sprint but you gotta think they have chances there, beach volleyball final

maybe not italy then but they have a habit of winning things randomly, am not too botherd with japan they are out of our reach same as australia.

Worth noting the germans in the individual sprint, after Hinze went faster than finucane. That would be -1 for GB and +1 for GER

We could finish as low as 10th on golds for sure, if everything goes sideways.

Does it really matter? Only if we let it matter. 

If we were in 10th with 30 medals, sure it would need a *very* thorough investigation.

But being 10th with around 60 medals shows a system that basically works but just didn't have the results on the day. That's sport.

If nothing else changes in terms of funding, I would be more confident that our performance would be repeatable than some other countries.

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

Worth noting the germans in the individual sprint, after Hinze went faster than finucane. That would be -1 for GB and +1 for GER

Heinze did not go quicker than Finucane. Friedrich did.

7 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

We could finish as low as 10th on golds for sure, if everything goes sideways.

Does it really matter? Only if we let it matter. 

If we were in 10th with 30 medals, sure it would need a *very* thorough investigation.

But being 10th with around 60 medals shows a system that basically works but just didn't have the results on the day. That's sport.

If nothing else changes in terms of funding, I would be more confident that our performance would be repeatable than some other countries.

That would be pretty bad considering the target is top 5. But we will probably reach over the mid point of the 50-70 target. 

On total medals, I think we can pretty much count on 3 more from the Cycling (between Finucane/Caldwell, Men's Keirin, Men's Madison, Women's Omnium), plus the two Athletics relays. That's 62.

Think it's fair to project that between the two Modern Pentathlon women, two Taekwondo fighters, Muir, and Artistic Swimming, we might get another two. That's 64.

Anything beyond that (Emily Campbell, McNeice, Noah Williams, Burgin, or additional medals from the cyclists/pentathletes/Taekwondo fighters) would be a nice bonus, and take us past Tokyo. 

2 minutes ago, cjsavory said:

On total medals, I think we can pretty much count on 3 more from the Cycling (between Finucane/Caldwell, Men's Keirin, Men's Madison, Women's Omnium), plus the two Athletics relays. That's 62.

Think it's fair to project that between the two Modern Pentathlon women, two Taekwondo fighters, Muir, and Artistic Swimming, we might get another two. That's 64.

Anything beyond that (Emily Campbell, McNeice, Noah Williams, Burgin, or additional medals from the cyclists/pentathletes/Taekwondo fighters) would be a nice bonus, and take us past Tokyo. 

I’d say Campbell is more likely than Muir from what I gather. .