website statistics

Team Australia at Paris Olympic Games 2024 News/Selections Road to Paris 2024

21 minutes ago, dantm said:

I might be a little conservative,but it is the Olympics.

Heartbreak will happen!
Jess Fox could win all 3 in Slalom,but I put one gold

as for Rowing,the Mens 8 have gone all out .Ive picked them to win.

Surfing should be Gold,but conservatively,Ive got Ethan Irvin for Bronze

Ive got no idea on 3x3 basketball,so you got me interested.

Swimming is my main interest.

10 is very possible but could be more or less!

Its probably our only chance ever to defeat the US tally.

Yeah I know I probably should be setting my expectations lower 😂. Without a doubt swimming is gonna make or break it all. 
I’ve gone with woman’s 3x3 basketball getting a bronze as they are apparently ranked well and actually qualified this time, whilst I don’t think the boomers will get a medal this time around.

I also hope for the gold in surfing due to Australia’s good past performances at the venue in Tahiti. I was thinking maybe with Jack Robinson.

As for defeating the US in swimming it can for sure happen if we reach that mark, but it’s gonna be close such as Kaylee needing to win all 3 of her races, and hoping for things such as pan beating Dressel and whatnot.

No doubt that we need some of the Chinese and Euros to beat the US Swimmers.

That is also the same with Australia,such as the Mens 400m Free and Womens sprints (50 and 100m Free)

As for Pan beating Dressel, that wont happen as Dressel failed to qualify for the 100m Free.Although Jack Alexy came through with a 47.0,I dont see anyone  challenging Pan or Popovici for 100m title.

I'm confident with Kaylee,despite Regan Smith breaking her record in the 100m Back.Smith has had a stack of opportunities to break it this year and finally does it with 20,000 people behind her. Kaylee hasnt raced all that much and has her own plans to swim under 57 sec.

Come Olympics,watch out for Kaylee who is a big time performer

3 hours ago, dantm said:

No doubt that we need some of the Chinese and Euros to beat the US Swimmers.

That is also the same with Australia,such as the Mens 400m Free and Womens sprints (50 and 100m Free)

As for Pan beating Dressel, that wont happen as Dressel failed to qualify for the 100m Free.Although Jack Alexy came through with a 47.0,I dont see anyone  challenging Pan or Popovici for 100m title.

I'm confident with Kaylee,despite Regan Smith breaking her record in the 100m Back.Smith has had a stack of opportunities to break it this year and finally does it with 20,000 people behind her. Kaylee hasnt raced all that much and has her own plans to swim under 57 sec.

Come Olympics,watch out for Kaylee who is a big time performer

Ah yes Dressel didn’t even qualify for 100 free what was I thinking 😂.

But I did have him on my mind considering those 3 gold he won in Tokyo that I think the US will likely not defend. 100m free as you mentioned, 50m free which is assumed to be between McEvoy and proud, and then 100m butterfly, which will be his best chance but no guarantee with the likes of Grousset and milak

then there’s also the 400im which Kalisz won in Tokyo but surely Marchand will be the strong favourite over foster. Also Finke wouldn’t be a lock in the 800

so that’s around 4 golds that I could see them not defending, whereas for us I’ve got 3 (w50), woman’s medley and Zsc but 2 very strong replacements in 4x200f and 200im. 

It really opens the door 

Edited by Dkats

Based on my predictions for Swimming,Ive got the US at 8 Gold.

W 100m Backstroke -Regan Smith.

This is 50/50 and could well go to Kaylee.Ive only got Smith ahead as she just broke the WR

M 100m Butterfly -Caeleb Dressel

Dressel for the Gold,but this event is stacked with 5-6 guys around the same time.

W 800m Butterfly -Gretchen Walsh

This one is solid for the USA who could easily go 1-2

W 800m/1500m Freestyle

Katie Ledecky -Nothing more to be said

M 1500m Freestyle -Bobby Finke

Without Hafanoui ,Finke is the favourite here

M 4x 100m Freestyle

USA will take down the WR here.Heavy favourites

W 4 x 100m Medley Relay

USA Women's have 3 of the WR holders in this (Smith,King and Walsh)

USA Men's Breastroke is currently worse than Australia and they will likely struggle against the Chinese in the Medley Relay

GB look too good for Mens 4 x 200m Free relay.

1 hour ago, dantm said:

Based on my predictions for Swimming,Ive got the US at 8 Gold.

W 100m Backstroke -Regan Smith.

This is 50/50 and could well go to Kaylee.Ive only got Smith ahead as she just broke the WR

M 100m Butterfly -Caeleb Dressel

Dressel for the Gold,but this event is stacked with 5-6 guys around the same time.

W 800m Butterfly -Gretchen Walsh

This one is solid for the USA who could easily go 1-2

W 800m/1500m Freestyle

Katie Ledecky -Nothing more to be said

M 1500m Freestyle -Bobby Finke

Without Hafanoui ,Finke is the favourite here

M 4x 100m Freestyle

USA will take down the WR here.Heavy favourites

W 4 x 100m Medley Relay

USA Women's have 3 of the WR holders in this (Smith,King and Walsh)

USA Men's Breastroke is currently worse than Australia and they will likely struggle against the Chinese in the Medley Relay

GB look too good for Mens 4 x 200m Free relay.

I love this but it also seems very optimistic. Dressel and Smith are the only events that aren’t heavy favourites that you’ve given gold to. M800 free, M100 back, M200 back,  Men’s medley, W200 fly, W200 breast, W200 back, W200IM and mixed medley are all possibilities. I find it hard to believe they’ll convert 0 of those 

I think with Kaylee it’s probably smart heading in to assume that she doesn't win least 1 of her backstroke events to smith, probably 100. 
If she just goes on to successfully defend both that would honestly be crazy as with Aus only a few swimmers have ever done that.

At this games she could become our greatest ever swimmer if she wins all 3 events 

And I think there is inevitably going to be a disappointing result for us, such as mcintosh surprising Titmus or no gold in the w100free. 
I guarantee at every Olympics in swimming there has been at least 1 massive disappointment for us, such as w4x200 relay in Tokyo.

At least there is no way we could do as bad as rio or London, and thank god for that 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Dkats said:

I think with Kaylee it’s probably smart heading in to assume that she doesn't win least 1 of her backstroke events to smith, probably 100. 
If she just goes on to successfully defend both that would honestly be crazy as with Aus only a few swimmers have ever done that.

At this games she could become our greatest ever swimmer if she wins all 3 events 

I’m hoping for it but I’ll be shocked if Kaylee wins all 3. She is the solid favourite in the 200 back but the other 2 are toss ups at best