website statistics

Men's Rugby Sevens WR Final World Olympic Qualification Tournament 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Semi finals

:RSA  :CAN

:GBR  :ESP

Controversy in the last match as :CAN win on golden point against :CHI however there were 2 blatant forwards passes in the build up to said golden point try which the ref and linesman somehow missed. Out of the 4 teams :GBR looked the best closely followed by :ESP who eased off in the second half against :HKG:RSA struggled in the poor conditions against :UGA and would've lost to both :ESP and :GBR. It's still looking like they won't be tested till the final though, as :CAN looks a shadow of the team that played yesterday. 

53 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

:GBR :cheer:

We have the quality to do it, but the way the tournament (and frankly the whole season) has played out, we're slight underdogs going into the final for me.

Just now, Epic Failure said:

We have the quality to do it, but the way the tournament (and frankly the whole season) has played out, we're slight underdogs going into the final for me.

I would love to see our place. and matches between our 2 teams!!

Gonna be a close contest between :GBR and :RSA. One thing that may slightly edge it for :GBR is that :RSA haven't been tested at all this tournament, whereas :GBR have faced :ESP and a spirited :CAN performance. Furthermore, :GBR have rested a lot of their quicker players and will be able to match the pace of :RSA. I still think it's too close to call though. 

26 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Gonna be a close contest between :GBR and :RSA. One thing that may slightly edge it for :GBR is that :RSA haven't been tested at all this tournament, whereas :GBR have faced :ESP and a spirited :CAN performance. Furthermore, :GBR have rested a lot of their quicker players and will be able to match the pace of :RSA. I still think it's too close to call though. 

I've just got a sneaky feeling that it will come down to a slip on the pitch, or one misplaced pass.