website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024

George_D

Just now, George_D said:

i agree. 3x3 should be dropped in favor of mor team in 5x5, After all 3x3 basketball is mainly a sport of youth interest

not gonna happen,it's a youth interest sport afterall there are better odds that 5x5 will leave the olympics eventually  because muh modernity.

36 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

not gonna happen,it's a youth interest sport afterall there are better odds that 5x5 will leave the olympics eventually  because muh modernity.

I will also point out that considering it’s more fast paced, it’s a much better option for those who don’t want to (or have the time to) watch a full two hour basketball game. 

Just now, Josh said:

I will also point out that considering it’s more fast paced, it’s a much better option for those who don’t want to (or have the time to) watch a full two hour basketball game. 

yeah,i doubt i will care to watch the normal basketball this year,but i'm sure gonna pay attention to the 3x3 tournament.

2 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

yeah,i doubt i will care to watch the normal basketball this year,but i'm sure gonna pay attention to the 3x3 tournament.

I wonder why… :p

For me, as usual, I’ll be watching both (like in Tokyo)

Just now, Josh said:

I wonder why… :p

For me, as usual, I’ll be watching both (like in Tokyo)

would of had little interest even if the team made it in,given that apparently they would of gotten their asses beat by South sudan too,i'm sure their secretly glad they avoided the humiliation.

19 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

At some point it looked like 5x5 is going the football path with FIBA starting the World Cup project and NBA players losing interest but this tournament is going to be the strongest ever, so it's not going anywhere soon.