website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Usa won.   It doesn't count when the first place blatantly cheats.   

Of course the usa is always the good people that follow rules and China the bad that cheats on everything, it's not your fault that you believe that tho, it's what they teach you there

32 minutes ago, Gonzaxene said:

Of course the usa is always the good people that follow rules and China the bad that cheats on everything, it's not your fault that you believe that tho, it's what they teach you there

Its a fact.   China was literally caught doping to the point that the congress is getting involved because wada stuck their head in the sand.   It's not rumors and speculations.   

13 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

USA worst performance since 1988. 

Exactly twice medals less than in London and Rio.

Twice less Gold medals you mean, because the total medals are pretty much the same in all their last Olympics.

This happens, when you don't have superstars like Phelps and Lochte to anchor the team. In Tokyo, Dressel was this superstar, who held them, but this time we saw what happened when he wasn't on form. Their women were the stronger side, but they are also losing positions in some events.

I think this is maybe the first time in history, where the majority of the current swimming superstars are not American - Marchand, Pan, Popovici, Milak, Mcintosh, Titmus, McKeown, with the only exception being Ledecky of course. Unless Dressel somehow finds his mojo again. 

26 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

USA worst performance since 1988. 

Exactly twice medals less than in London and Rio.

Very true, regardless of the stolen mixed relay gold.   Usa didn't build new talent since 2021.   Dressel older, ledecky older and not top many new stars.   Gretchen Walsh comes to mind but no one else really.   Too many finals didn't have usa presence.   And I hope that they make serious changes because home olympics have to be much better then this

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Twice less Gold medals you mean, because the total medals are pretty much the same in all their last Olympics.

This happens, when you don't have superstars like Phelps and Lochte to anchor the team. In Tokyo, Dressel was this superstar, who held them, but this time we saw what happened when he wasn't on form. Their women were the stronger side, but they are also losing positions in some events.

I think this is maybe the first time in history, where the majority of the current swimming superstars are not American - Marchand, Pan, Popovici, Milak, Mcintosh, Titmus, McKeown, with the only exception being Ledecky of course. Unless Dressel somehow finds his mojo again. 

Maybe Gretchen Walsh comes to mind but it's overall true.   Even ledecky is already not the same.   Will be interesting if she will try to go for 800 and 1500 in L.A, though who knows if she won't retire,  those were her 4th games

25 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I think that USA only counts golds so i followed their mindset. :)

Rest is quite accurate. 

51 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Very true, regardless of the stolen mixed relay gold.   Usa didn't build new talent since 2021.   Dressel older, ledecky older and not top many new stars.   Gretchen Walsh comes to mind but no one else really.   Too many finals didn't have usa presence.   And I hope that they make serious changes because home olympics have to be much better then this

I mentioned their trials few times already.

Wasnt impressed, men's team especially. 

USA is still good, but nowhere near generations 2000-2016. 

I heard that USA complained that Marchand and others are trained by Bob.

Apparentlly, he had more success with Leon than domestic ones. 

Some changes ahead of LA must be made.

Edited by ChandlerMne

41 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Its a fact.   China was literally caught doping to the point that the congress is getting involved because wada stuck their head in the sand.   It's not rumors and speculations.   

It's not the only country that had been caught doped, athletes from many countries have cases in differents sports, even the US. Just because a chinese swimmer won comfortably doesnt mean he's doping