website statistics

Beach Volleyball at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Sorry to all of the Brazilians on here for mentioning this (again), but this match reminded me yet again that I can’t stand Ana Patricia :rolleyes::facepalm:(she got heated for no reason, actually it looked like it was because Brandie celebrated axing them too loudly, at least I think so)

Anyways this has been the best match the Canadians have played this tournament, by a mile actually, despite losing. And they’re such class acts too :hatoff:

It's your point of view and that's fine, probably nothing will ever change it. But I really can't think of Brandie as a "class act". In Brazil we would say she's "debochada" (which in english would loosely translate as a "mocker").

Just now, vinipereira said:

It's your point of view and that's fine, probably nothing will ever change it. But I really can't think of Brandie as a "class act". In Brazil we would say she's "debochada" (which in english would loosely translate as a "mocker").

Ana Patricia initiated the argument, and Brandie was the only one to say anything kind (or anything at all really) after the match. In YEARS of watching Brandie play I rarely ever see her get heated like this, can’t exactly say the same for AP. 

On social media, and in general (not talking about you or any of the users on here by the way) I’ve noticed that Brazilians are some of the most insufferable sporting fans ever, and seem to care more about the result than anything. Take Seyboth-Wild for example, who has domestic abuse allegations against him, has made comments about having “nazi roots” and yet he still gets support from the fans. Not sure how many fans she would have if she wasn’t Brazilian…

Anyways, I’ll probably get ganged up on by all the Brazilians on here, but whatever, just needed to let it all out :d

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Ana Patricia initiated the argument, and Brandie was the only one to say anything kind (or anything at all really) after the match. In YEARS of watching Brandie play I rarely ever see her get heated like this, can’t exactly say the same for AP. 

On social media, and in general (not talking about you or any of the users on here by the way) I’ve noticed that Brazilians are some of the most insufferable sporting fans ever, and seem to care more about the result than anything. Take Seyboth-Wild for example, who has domestic abuse allegations against him, has made comments about having “nazi roots” and yet he still gets support from the fans. Not sure how many fans she would have if she wasn’t Brazilian…

Anyways, I’ll probably get ganged up on by all the Brazilians on here, but whatever, just needed to let it all out :d

Most brazilians in the olympic community don't support Wild including some members here (that I know of). Some even mention the abuse allegations when reporting his results. I, for one, couldn't care less about him (don't even know his results at the Olympics).

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Most brazilians in the olympic community don't support Wild including some members here (that I know of). Some even mention the abuse allegations when reporting his results. I, for one, couldn't care less about him (don't even know his results at the Olympics).

Ah thanks, I was just assuming since he seems to get lots of love on social media, glad to see that I’m wrong :yes

You can’t deny though that Brazilian fans are sometimes (and more so than other countries) toxic right? Not all of them of course, though when it comes to volleyball, and the Turkish fans against Brazilian fans, it can get pretty messy. Speaking of which, how exactly did it start? I never got the backstory. 

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

Ah thanks, I was just assuming since he seems to get lots of love on social media, glad to see that I’m wrong :yes

You can’t deny though that Brazilian fans are sometimes (and more so than other countries) toxic right? Not all of them of course, though when it comes to volleyball, and the Turkish fans against Brazilian fans, it can get pretty messy. Speaking of which, how exactly did it start? I never got the backstory. 

Maybe we should just agree that this discussion isn't going anywhere, which is fine by me.

51 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Maybe we should just agree that this discussion isn't going anywhere, which is fine by me.

Are you not going to answer the question? Alright then. 

Edit: Sorry for the tone, I just feel like I’m always getting 3v1’d. It’s tiring. 

Edited by Josh

9 hours ago, intoronto said:

The Brazilian fans being rude in Brandie Wilkerson's Instagram shows how low their fans will go. One of the worst (if not the worst) fan groups ever.

Even worse, it’s not as if it’s “only” hundreds of comments, it’s THOUSANDS of comments. Slightly glad (somewhat), that they didn’t win, I’m sure it would’ve gotten worse.