website statistics

Wrestling UWW Asian Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

Asian Championships Entry list

https://arena.uww.org/weight-category/1eee02d6-2759-659e-9ff0-c71089015e53

the list is still incomplete. no UZB , no KGZ yet. but PRK is there which means they will participate at the AQT too. making things harder for everybody. India team is also very incomplete and from what I know wrong. (this is their AQT list, not the AChamps list)

from what I see some countries are sending their B-level wrestlers because of the obvious reason. but those big names already qualified are mostly here. 

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Asian Championships Entry list

the list is still incomplete. no UZB , no KGZ yet. but PRK is there which means they will participate at the AQT too. making things harder for everybody. India team is also very incomplete and from what I know wrong. (this is their AQT list, not the AChamps list)

from what I see some countries are sending their B-level wrestlers because of the obvious reason. but those big names already qualified are mostly here. 

Our trials were completed just yesterday. Aman won the 57kg as Ravi lost both his group stages, failing to progress to knockout.

Bajrang met a similar fate albeit in semis 

• 4 weeks later...

2024 Asian Championship, Freestyle brackets are out

thanks to UWW its far from the highest level of competition in Asia :thumbdown:. most countries are fielding B teams in Olympic weights because of the Asian QT. still we can see some very big names who already qualified for the Olympics in the start list including 10 current World Champions

so Iran finished the 1st day with 3 gold and 1 bronze. that looks good on paper but we had a very terrible start and some narrow wins. things got better during the day though. Japan and Bahrain (Russian mercenary, World Champ Tazhiddinov) won other two golds. 

for some wrestlers it's part of their Olympic trials. they have to reach certain goals to book their Olympic ticket. for example Amouzad made the Olympic team by winning the 65kg gold medal here. 

Posted (edited)

Nethmi Porutothage :SRI wins by technical superiority over Markasheva :KAZ. This never happened in wrestling before that Sri Lankan wrestler has beaten Kazakhstan let alone by such margin.

Edited by Fly_like_a_don