website statistics

India at 2024 Paris Olympics

4 hours ago, Roamingrover86 said:

No please! That is scary :facepalm:Did she really say that? Will she be targeting another Olympics? I hope we have better young archers to take her place in LA. 
London, Rio, Tokyo & Paris 4 Olympic & still she feels nervous , it won’t change . 

Won't retire until I get Olympics Medal : Deepika Kumari

With a bunch of promising young talents like Tamanna, Avani, Manjiri knocking on the door and Simranjeet Kaur and Komolika Bari almost putting their foot in the national set up, it is a fair call by Deepika Kumari. 

If you go by other teams, there is an element of experience often present in the team composition with archers in the age range of 35-40 not being a surprise.

The selection trials are an open process. If one has the talent and that extra punch in her, she is most welcome to oust any of Deepika, Bhajan or Ankita from the team and cement their place in the national setup.

That being said, the nexus with regional coaches and archers getting favours from the federation president's state (Jharkhand) is not appreciable. Foreign coaches should be brought in for the knowledge transfer of modern skills,tactics and strategies of the game.

Last but not the least, handling pressure and mental conditioning needs is a necessity as is evident from the frequent 6s, 7s hits from the archers in the current Paris Olympics.

Day 13 - Double delight ! Statistically our best day in Paris so far. Hockey bronze & a Silver from Neeraj should be enough to make most fans happy, however I didn’t feel the same level of happiness from Neeraj’s Silver that I got from the Hockey Bronze. Neeraj’s achievement is amazing considering he maintained the level of performance for 3 years securing back to back medals in Olympics. A rare feat achieved only by Sushil kumar & PV sindhu. 

We are still active in 3 sports (Hockey campaign comes to an end with a Bronze medal, a successful campaign

19 more athletes ended their Olympics campaign today ( 16 Hockey ,2 Athletics & 1 Wrestling  ) 

We still have 14 active athletes & have 1 🥈& 4🥉 in our Kitty. 
As of Day 13 we are 64th    in the overall Medal table 

Medalists : (Total 5 medal ) 

Shooting : 3 

Manu Bhaker (10m AP women) - 🥉

10m AP Mixed Team ( Manu & Sarabjot) - 🥉

Swapnil Kusale (50m 3P AR Men) - 🥉

Hockey : 1

Men’s Team - 🥉

Athletics: 1 

Neeraj Chopra ( Javelin Throw Men) - 🥈

Edited by Roamingrover86

3 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Day 13 - Double delight ! Statistically our best day in Paris so far. Hockey bronze & a Silver from Neeraj should be enough to make most fans happy, however I didn’t feel the same level of happiness from Neeraj’s Silver that I got from the Hockey Bronze. Neeraj’s achievement is amazing considering he maintained the level of performance for 3 years securing back to back medals in Olympics. A rare feat achieved only by Sushil kumar & PV sindhu. 

We are still active in 3 sports (Hockey campaign comes to an end with a Bronze medal, a successful campaign

19 more athletes ended their Olympics campaign today ( 16 Hockey ,2 Athletics & 1 Wrestling  ) 

We still have 14 active athletes & have 1 🥈& 4🥉 in our Kitty. 
As of Day 13 we are 64th    in the overall Medal table 

Medalists : (Total 5 medal ) 

Shooting : 3 

Manu Bhaker (10m AP women) - 🥉

10m AP Mixed Team ( Manu & Sarabjot) - 🥉

Swapnil Kusale (50m 3P AR Men) - 🥉

Hockey : 1

Men’s Team - 🥉

Athletics: 1 

Neeraj Chopra ( Javelin Throw Men) - 🥈

I hope we just carry forward this momentum in hockey. 2 medals back to back is a dream considering that I always wondered if I would get to see an Indian hockey olympic medal in my lifetime. I hope in LA we have a good mix of youth and experience to move forward from here.

Edited by sounak

In Breaking event today at Paris 2024  Olympics, Indian eyes will be glued towards

India Sardjoe , daughter of an Indo Surinamese father and Half Indian Half Dutch mother representing Netherlands who will take on Manizha Talash, Afghanistan's first female breaker competing under Refugee Olympic team

Hope we get our 7th medal through Reetika. 

Reetika has her medal match on 11th August if she qualifies and it is a lucky date for us in Olympics.

Abhinav Bindra, Yogeshwar Dutt and 1932 Men's hockey team all won Olympic medals on this date.

Reetika's probable semifinals opponent is blades from USA whom she beat last year October 2023 in under 23 world championship finals 

49 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Reetika has her medal match on 11th August if she qualifies and it is a lucky date for us in Olympics.

Lets not talk about Luck please 🙏 

7th Aug was supposed to be our most lucky day as we got Gold with Neeraj in Tokyo. Look what happened on 7th Aug 2024 the most cruel day of Indian Olympics campaign in 2024 :(

54 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Hope we get our 7th medal through Reetika. 

Abhinav Bindra, Yogeshwar Dutt and 1932 Men's hockey team all won Olympic medals on this date.

Reetika's probable semifinals opponent is blades from USA whom she beat last year October 2023 in under 23 world championship finals 

First she has to get to the semifinals right? She has Aiperi Medet Kyzy in her way. If she reaches the semifinals she can go to the finals

Edited by sounak