website statistics

GB Athletics

3 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Atheltes being angry with UK Athletics shocker. From what I gather most of the squad hate the selection policy and things are going to blow up in a few days time. 

what did you enjoy about todays athletics?

18 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

The UKA standard/invite route is proving more useful than I had orginally thought - certainly in the field MLJ, WPV, MSP, WHept and possibly MDT could ALL snag a backdoor

UKA will be spitting chips.

They changed those policies to fill a few spots so they don’t look too cost cutting. 

10 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

The policy is the same that it has been for a couple of years now. The athletes not selected will complain, nothing will happen. It will be forgotten about by the general public in a week.

I’m not sure it will be when they are several events without a British competitor and the general public are told UK athletics were offered spots and rejected them

Just now, Orangehair43 said:

I’m not sure it will be when they are several events without a British competitor and the general public are told UK athletics were offered spots and rejected them

It was last year. And the year before.

The British Champs aren't even on normal TV anymore. The idea that there will be some kind of mass public outcry is not supported by any evidence.

4 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

It was last year. And the year before.

The British Champs aren't even on normal TV anymore. The idea that there will be some kind of mass public outcry is not supported by any evidence.

Well I know for a fact from talking to one that a group interview is being strongly considered by a group who think they will see their invites rejected. Obviously won’t be successful but unlike just individuals speaking out a whole group speaking out will generate a bit more coverage. 

Edited by Orangehair43

2 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Well I know for a fact from talking to one that a group interview is being strongly considered by a group who think they will see their invites rejected. 

things that didn't happen, and wont happen ^^ 

Assuming that I believe that what you are saying is 100% true - and I have my doubts considering your track record of accuracy in some of your claims is...not the best - it still doesn't change the central point that I'm making, which is that the evidence doesn't support that it will make a blind bit of difference.

I'd love to be wrong. I'd love for the public to be up in arms and force a change. But it ain't gonna happen.

55 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Yeah, I don't know where that has come from. The team is being selected on Monday, then announced on Friday. The next DL isn't until the Sunday after that.

Chalmers might be in a ranking position when the final list is released, but UKA isn't accepting that in the 400m H.

I wonder is there the possibility for someone who has a ranking invite, but not a Q, to beat the Q in London? Wa/IOC will ignore it for deadline, but might UKA accept the ranking invite on the basis Q is now met....