website statistics

GB Athletics

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

After relatively disappointing European Champs, Molly Caudery is back on form with a new NR of 4.92. Her confidence is riding high as she then went on to try clearing 5.00m 

"on form" is rather a calm way of saying "sweet mothering jesus!"

Sounds like poor conditions in Geneva, which might have hurt Alastair Chalmers chances of getting the Q - as it was he won the race in 48.98, but is still frustratingly away from what he needs.

Lots of other Brits there, but nothing that really stands out as being close to a Q.

Zharnel Hughes has received a medical exemption for the trials, after the injury he got in Jamaica last month. Good that he has that but not a promising sign that he's going to be relatively untested if he makes it to Paris at all.

Athing Mu has failed to make the US team for Paris after falling in the 800m trials. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed not to see the battle with Keely and Mora.. but positive news for the Brits' medal hopes.

44 minutes ago, RussB said:

Athing Mu has failed to make the US team for Paris after falling in the 800m trials. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed not to see the battle with Keely and Mora.. but positive news for the Brits' medal hopes.

The loss of a great, great Olympic race overwhelms any partisan excitement for Keely - although I'd say, oddly, Moraa must be cursing - she has a better chance in a race where Keely has to track Mu rather than lay off and run her own race.

The Brit who DOES have cause for excitement is Reekie; there's an actual bronze medal chance just opened up in this race...

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

The loss of a great, great Olympic race overwhelms any partisan excitement for Keely - although I'd say, oddly, Moraa must be cursing - she has a better chance in a race where Keely has to track Mu rather than lay off and run her own race.

The Brit who DOES have cause for excitement is Reekie; there's an actual bronze medal chance just opened up in this race...

Agree but this slightly makes up for the archibald news 

17 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

Agree but this slightly makes up for the archibald news 

That’s kind of where I am with it tbh.

Reekie has a chance of bronze if she doesn’t try and follow the big 2. If she goes all out for gold I’d worry she dies on the home straight out of the medals