website statistics

Team Canada at the 2024 World Aquatics Championships Road to Paris 2024

12 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

I thought this was a weakened field but  the silver medalist from last year and the top Americans were in the race . So this is great news .

His time would have gotten him a medal in 2016. Top 5 in 2020 and 2023 WC. Great news. 

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Not a great relay for Canada. Less than a second better than the heats. I know this isn't their top team, but expected a bit more. 

Ruck looked really good in the first 100m and then faded bad. I just checked the splits and she had the fastest 100m split of anyone.

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

Ruck looked really good in the first 100m and then faded bad. I just checked the splits and she had the fastest 100m split of anyone.

Yeah, thought she might even press for bronze for a second, but she faded badly.

Basically, O'Croinin improved her time from the morning a bit and everything else stayed about the same. The subs didn't add anything. Oh well, they'll have Summer and a hopefully back in form Oleksiak for Paris. 

33 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Yeah, thought she might even press for bronze for a second, but she faded badly.

Basically, O'Croinin improved her time from the morning a bit and everything else stayed about the same. The subs didn't add anything. Oh well, they'll have Summer and a hopefully back in form Oleksiak for Paris. 

Any chance we could have Summer swim two legs of the relay? :p