website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Broadcasters

2 hours ago, dodge said:

There is a complete rugby sevens all day stream. They just have it broken down too. Best of both really

Tennis will be the same. Choose between courts and matches. 

Oh if they have both options that would indeed be fantastic. I can imagine there's plenty of people who just want to watch a specific match, especially in sports like tennis or boxing, and then it's a horror show to try and find it amidst a 10 hour stream :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, avlar said:

I have some explanation - money is the reason as usually )

MAX offers downloads of video (but not for PC!) to watch video offline. And the number of downloads is limited to 30 in the basic plan. So they have more shorter videos and it makes customers oreder more expensive plan with 100 downloads limit.

Not sure.... but for Day -2 Wednesday 24th, there is indeed a single file for each Rugby Sevens match as you say, but there is also a single broadcast from 14:20 to 21:00 that shows every single match in the session.

Edited by Grassmarket

8 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Not sure.... but for Day -2 Wednesday 24th, there is indeed a single file for each Rugby Sevens match as you say, but there is also a single broadcast from 14:20 to 21:00 that shows every single match in the session.

It is because schedule of Eurosport 2, but specifically on Max there only the every game in separate streams option.

Also I see another event not being televised, the Kayak Cross Time Trial, which is quite weird since it is not so difficult to cover and it is usually covered during World Cips etc...

Also I see every day at 22:30 they added a 45 minutes stream called All Sports, I assume it will be a sort of Summary Daily Round Up of the day, which I will approve, I missed this daily summary videos last couple of games.

25 minutes ago, hckošice said:

It is because schedule of Eurosport 2, but specifically on Max there only the every game in separate streams option.

Also I see another event not being televised, the Kayak Cross Time Trial, which is quite weird since it is not so difficult to cover and it is usually covered during World Cips etc...

Also I see every day at 22:30 they added a 45 minutes stream called All Sports, I assume it will be a sort of Summary Daily Round Up of the day, which I will approve, I missed this daily summary videos last couple of games.

But doesn't Max give you access to the ES streams?

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

But doesn't Max give you access to the ES streams?

Yes, that´s what I meant, the full integrated stream of all matches will be on the Eurosport 2 stream, but beside that Max have the matches separated on its Paris 2024 streaming schedule.

I wonder if max will also have the additional Eurosport channels during the Olympics, I´ve heard somewhere Eurosport is planning to have around 6-7 channels during Paris, but so far max have only the classical Eurosport 1 y 2 channels listed and available

11 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I wonder if max will also have the additional Eurosport channels during the Olympics, I´ve heard somewhere Eurosport is planning to have around 6-7 channels during Paris, but so far max have only the classical Eurosport 1 y 2 channels listed and available

That’s how it’s been done before: ES does the aggregation of the Overall Gymnastics, Overall Athletics, Best of Badminton etc, and the streaming does the detail of the Parallel Bars, the Long Jump etc.

30 minutes ago, hckošice said:

here in Italy there will be 7 additional channels dedicated to different disciplines (basketball, volleyball and beach, handball, football, racket sports & golf, combat sports, artistic sports -mainly gymnastics and diving) and 1 more channel in 4K (most likely a clone of Eurosport1)

they will start only on July, 26th, so we have to wait before we see if they're also on the D+ app (I think yes, because they're already announced on basically every Italian service, from our pay-tv Sky to the OTT like Tim Vision and DAZN)

4 years ago, we had those channels on Discovery+, but not on Eurosport Player

this time, since Eurosport Player is not active anymore, I think we are gonna watch those channels on the only platform still available (Discovery+, here we have to wait at least 2 more years to get the full Max app because of the existing deals betweek Sky Italia and HBO)

:IND :BAN :NEP :MDV :BHU :SRI :PAK  

For the entire South Asia region - Viacom 18 has the broadcasting & digital rights. 

Paris Olympics will be shown live on Sports 18 network ( Channel 1,2 & 3) on Subscription basis & free on streaming platform JIO Cinema for Indian users only.