website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

f.....Bourada  you never improve , always the same mistakes

go home plzzzzzz what shame

You are aware that he is doing a fantastic job so far? :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

he is very weak in shot , and did nothing to ameliorate this negative point

so still far from the podium

Better shot put than Damian Warner, the big favourite for silver ;)

You do know that it's a decathlon and nobody wins every event, right? :d 

For now he is very much on the way for a top-6 finish if he keeps performing so good as he did so far, which would be incredibly good. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yes poor shot put :( 

No! It wasn't poor :lol:

Apart from one single 14.00m indoor in France once, this was his best throw ever! Remember it's a decathlon, it's not a matter of winning every event :d 

Saying that his shot put was poor is like saying Peter Sagan disappointed if he didn't win a time trial on a 20% steep 15km climb :p 

Edited by heywoodu

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Saying that his shot put was poor is like saying Peter Sagan disappointed if he didn't win a time trial on a 20% steep 15km climb :p 

Or that he disappointed because he didn't win Olympic gold in mountain bike :p

#banbestmen

Ok this Schedule SUCK!!!  every session have at most 3 finals, morning finals are incredibly stupid, especially putting a triple jump final, with an american contender at 9 am easter time is so stupid, i used to be able to not turn away because there's so much action, now i can jump between streams and not miss anything

8 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Ok this Schedule SUCK!!!  every session have at most 3 finals, morning finals are incredibly stupid, especially putting a triple jump final, with an american contender at 9 am easter time is so stupid, i used to be able to not turn away because there's so much action, now i can jump between streams and not miss anything

The more stupid thing is scheduling being so much influenced by NBC :p 

And don't take all credits for Christian Taylor, the first thing he did is thank the Dutch people because he trains, lives and does everything here...let us have the 10% credits we deserve for his gold :d 

Edited by heywoodu

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Or that he disappointed because he didn't win Olympic gold in mountain bike :p

yesterday he had a press conference more than 100 journalists attended, http://summergames.ap.org/article/sagan-what-slovakias-peter-sagan-shifts-gears-down-mountain-bike-expectations

first question from our journalist :

"What your impressions of Rio olympics ?"

"first impressions, man, I just arriived and I have just passed the first security check. so you are the first person I met. but you seem like a pleasant person, so my first impressions are good, thank you."

:roflmao:

btw not sure how to trust it, but in some website he was selected as the second most popular athlete of the olympics in Rio behind Bolt. according to our TV :d

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The more stupid thing is scheduling being so much influenced by NBC :p 

And don't take all credits for Christian Taylor, the first thing he did is thank the Dutch people because he trains, lives and does everything here...let us have the 10% credits we deserve for his gold :d 

i think swimming and beach volleyball is all NBC, but i dont see how nbc would want some finals in the morning, it's not like those finals are american-less, after all christian taylor, the 3000m steeplechase runners, and 400 hurdles for men tomorrow.

And i think Taylor could've broke the world record under the right conditions (night time) after seeing how close he got last year in beijing