website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

huh ?

it is just another fulfillment of her pre-elections promise on the environmental agenda that´s all, I don´t get what it has in common with the country´s wealth

her medias statement explanation from yesterday

The first honey from bees from the Presidential Garden is proof that when we care for nature, it will reward us. ? The role of bees is irreplaceable and without them we wouldn't be here. Bees show us the interconnectivity of nature. They allow our gardens, balconies and crops to bloom.

Just yesterday there was a report that beekeepers from different parts of Slovakia recorded one of the worst years in the last thirty years. These are the consequences of the climate crisis, which causes major shifts in flowering of individual plant species, leading to short-term impacts and large bloom gaps.

To highlight the importance of bees and beekeeping, in May of this year we placed two bee colonies in the Presidential Garden as part of the project Municipal Bees, carried out by the Center of Environmental and Ethical Education ŽIVICA. Thanks to them, honey from the Presidential Garden will be able to be tasted by our partners at home and abroad, as I will use it as a presidential gift.

Her efforts make no difference in the global scale tbh. Then again, USA wants to dump GMO crap on Europe and Japanese are making hamburgers from cow shit so what's the point. In 50 years time kids will have no idea how real milk or butter tastes like :lol:  Plastic food is our future!

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

If Trump was posting similar stuff then CNN and Nancy Pelosi would lose their shit how dares he to waste time with such nonsense during the pandemic & economical disaster :lol:

Because everything and everyone in the USA exaggerates literally everything about literally everyone. I wish we had a prime minister who had a light moment with some honeybees (which are in rather serious trouble anyway, and barely anything is being done to help them).

+1 for the Slovak lady.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Her efforts make no difference in the global scale tbh. Then again, USA wants to dump GMO crap on Europe and Japanese are making hamburgers from cow shit so what's the point. In 50 years time kids will have no idea how real milk or butter tastes like :lol:  Plastic food is our future!

I’m honestly surprised you don’t work for FOX, Breitbart, or InfoWars sometimes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m honestly surprised you don’t work for FOX, Breitbart, or InfoWars sometimes.

Absolutely, much as I am sometimes surprised you don't work for the exact opposites on the other far end of the spectrum :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because everything and everyone in the USA exaggerates literally everything about literally everyone. I wish we had a prime minister who had a light moment with some honeybees (which are in rather serious trouble anyway, and barely anything is being done to help them).

+1 for the Slovak lady.

I wish I could give this like a hundred of this little green upvotes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

120+ Nobel Prize winners support the GMO food crap. Chemical food IS the future, the only question is when EU gives in :dunno:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2444569X18300064

If it tastes the same, feels the same and has the same nutritional values, why give a fuck where it comes from. If option A and option B have the main things the same and B is better for the environment and such than A, wanting A just because is just a little weird.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If it tastes the same, feels the same and has the same nutritional values, why give a fuck where it comes from.

Yeah... and asbestos, morphine & nicotine were all once thought to be harmless as well. :p 

People are apparently soooo for Mother Nature & planet Earth yet the same people advocate chemical & plastic food as "better". Go and figure.

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Absolutely, much as I am sometimes surprised you don't work for the exact opposites on the other far end of the spectrum :p 

Yeah, fair enough. 

I have very little respect for MSNBC, CNN, Palmer Report, Daily Kos, etc. 

My job as a journalist is keep people informed. I do that through facts and research. I don’t attempt to disagree with, or spin the facts. I maintain a very high standard of ethics and integrity for any project I’m a part of.

It’s not my opinion that those organizations share those same values. 

Their politics may align with mine in some areas, but their job is to inform people. Telling people what they want to hear isn’t journalism.

58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, fair enough. 

I have very little respect for MSNBC, CNN, Palmer Report, Daily Kos, etc. 

My job as a journalist is keep people informed. I do that through facts and research. I don’t attempt to disagree with, or spin the facts. I maintain a very high standard of ethics and integrity for any project I’m a part of.

It’s not my opinion that those organizations share those same values. 

Their politics may align with mine in some areas, but their job is to inform people. Telling people what they want to hear isn’t journalism.

Just my personal opinion: the most 'neutral' and fact-based journalists usually don't put so much emphasis on their 'ethics and integrity' standards, simply because it's obvious from their work and they don't need to press it :p 

Not meant as some sort of negative criticism or something, to be clear, just something I've noticed over the years.