website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

It looks like the dressage team event has been canceled as well. Equestrian qualification is going to be mess this cycle. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It looks like the dressage team event has been canceled as well. Equestrian qualification is going to be mess this cycle. 

I think its due to the fact that this edition of the Central American and Caribbean Games had to be postponed. I imagine most federations didn’t have enough budget to transport horses to San Salvador and Santiago on less than 5 months

On 11/6/2022 at 12:46 PM, Olympian1010 said:

10m Air Pistol quotas from the CAT Championships. *countries before ( / ) get two quotas 

Men - :CUB:MEX:PER:USA / :ARG:BRA:BOL:CAN:COL:ECU:GUA

Women - :CAN:CUB:GUA:MEX:PUR:USA / :ECU:ESA:VEN 

On 11/8/2022 at 11:18 AM, Olympian1010 said:

Skeet quotas from the CAT Championships. *countries before ( / ) get two quotas.

Men - :ARG:BRA:CAN:CHI:DOM:ECU:GUA:MEX:PAN:PUR:USA / :BAR:COL:CUB:PER  (Every NOC entered earned a quota. There are two quotas left over, but as this event is used for reallocation I’m unsure how those will be distributed.)

Women - :CAN:MEX:USA / :BAR:CHI:GUA:PUR (Every NOC entered earned a quota. Like the men’s event, there are two quotas left over under similar circumstances.)

On 11/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, Olympian1010 said:

10m Air Rifle quotas from the CAT Championships. *countries before ( / ) get two quotas.

Men - :MEX:PER:PUR:USA / :ARG:CAN:CHI:CUB:ECU:ESA:GUA 

Women - :CHI:CUB:GUA:PER:USA / :BRA:BOL:COL:MEX:PUR

On 11/9/2022 at 10:29 AM, Olympian1010 said:

25m Pistol quotas from the CAT Championships. *countries before ( / ) get two quotas.

Women - :BRA:CAN:CHI:PER:USA / :ARG:COL:GUA:MEX  

On 11/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, Olympian1010 said:

50m Rifle 3 Positions quotas from the CAT Championships. *countries before ( / ) get two quotas.

Men - :CHI:GUA:MEX:USA / :ARG:BRA:CAN:COL:CUB:ECU  

Women - :ARG:ESA:USA / :BRA:CAN:CHI:ECU:GUA:MEX:PER:VEN

On 11/18/2022 at 11:36 AM, Olympian1010 said:

Catching up on the last few events from the CAT Championships. *countries before ( / ) get two quotas

Men 25m RFP - :COL:CUB:USA / :ARG:BRA:CHI:ESA:MEX:PER:PUR:VEN   

Men Trap - :ARG:BAR:CAN:CHI:COL:BRA:DOM:GUA:PAN:PUR:USA:VEN / :BOL:MEX:PER:URU 

Women Trap - :BRA:CAN:GUA:MEX:PUR:USA / :PER:PAR

@mrv86 if you’re basing the shooting quotas off the Wikipedia page, I’m not sure those are entirely accurate. I remember thinking they didn’t respect the rule about a single shooter earning more than one quota for their country (ie. you can qualify another quota once already qualified). I’ve attached the allocations I made under my interpretation of the qualification document above. I don’t know if that changes the allocations any. I just wanted to bring your attention to the matter.

@intoronto might have some input here as well?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Aruba with at least 11 quotas for Santiago here!

They’ll certainly have a few athletes in swimming as well, given how well they’ve done at the SA and CAC Games.

14 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@mrv86 if you’re basing the shooting quotas off the Wikipedia page, I’m not sure those are entirely accurate. I remember thinking they didn’t respect the rule about a single shooter earning more than one quota for their country (ie. you can qualify another quota once already qualified). I’ve attached the allocations I made under my interpretation of the qualification document above. I don’t know if that changes the allocations any. I just wanted to bring your attention to the matter.

@intoronto might have some input here as well?

Thanks, yes I'm reviewing the quotas and will take a second look on the weekend, as I also have to check the order in which the events took place to know precisely which shooter took the quota.