website statistics

Auto Racing NASCAR Cup Series 2020

hckošice

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just so you know, the FBI investigates all reported hate crimes. Since NASCAR believed this was a hate crime, they contacted the FBI. The FBI did their job and cleared it up.  

This definitely wasn’t some large conspiracy constructed by NASCAR. Anyone with common sense would see this as an honest mistake based on the evidence.

I do get a good laugh out of all these conspiracy theories you come up with though, so thanks for that.

Well, you can't put anyone on hate crime trial for this so all you can do is laugh :p  I suppose nobody will check facts next time someone cries wolf about "noose" in NASCAR though. All in all, a PR disaster for anyone who tries to dismiss NASCAR as racist organization.

I want to know the name of the person who reported this "noose" though. Because this guy clearly lacked common sense. I wonder if he did it on purpose trying to boost BLM and Wallace's profile.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, you can't put anyone on hate crime trial for this so all you can do is laugh :p  I suppose nobody will check facts next time someone cries wolf about "noose" in NASCAR though. All in all, a PR disaster for anyone who tries to dismiss NASCAR as racist organization.

I want to know the name of the person who reported this "noose" though. Because this guy clearly lacked common sense. I wonder if he did it on purpose trying to boost BLM and Wallace's profile.

Do you have eyes? I’m honestly curious. 

We both saw the same picture of what those pull ropes look like. The “handle” is tied in the style of noose. The official walked in and saw that part lying on the garage floor of the garage belonging to a black driver. This doesn’t seem like some big conspiracy to me. 

This was handled professionally, with a show of force by NASCAR and a proper investigation conducted by the FBI. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

We both saw the same picture of what those pull ropes look like. The “handle” is tied in the style of noose. The official walked in and saw that part lying on the garage floor of the garage belonging to a black driver. This doesn’t seem like some big conspiracy to me. 

This was handled professionally, with a show of force by NASCAR and a proper investigation conducted by the FBI. 

The only thing that wasn't handled well is that the official could have did some more checking (which most likely would have led to the actual answer) and that Wallace could be a tiny bit fairer afterwards when it was clear it was a misunderstanding. That's not to say he's in the wrong, just that he could have handled it a bit better after the FBI's statement, but that's about it.

It was a fun race though, which in the end is the main thing :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This could have been "handled professionally" without calling the FBI. Jumping the gun on the "noose" shows you how unprofessional this was handled by the progressives in particular who didn't bother to see the picture before coming to an obvious - and very wrong - conclusion that someone in NASCAR is trying to lynch the black driver. Total BS. All you need is common sense - or asking Wood Brothers. But who needs common sense when twitter mob tells you what's really going on. Even Wallace himself knows he has to soak up the embarrasement now given the tweet you posted. I'm pretty sure we won't hear about another "noose" incident in NASCAR in a long, long time.

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The only thing that wasn't handled well is that the official could have did some more checking (which most likely would have led to the actual answer) and that Wallace could be a tiny bit fairer afterwards when it was clear it was a misunderstanding. That's not to say he's in the wrong, just that he could have handled it a bit better after the FBI's statement, but that's about it.

It was a fun race though, which in the end is the main thing :p

Yeah, now we get a truckload of Monday morning quarterbacks who pretend they figured out the hoax long time ago :p

Critical detail indeed, someone who managed to look more than half a year into the future certainly did something bad here (and openly time travelling isn't the only bad thing he did :mad: ).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!