website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2023

Totallympics

9 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

The worst event I saw today was Kun Kru in Kun Khmer. Athletes act like they got spirits on their body no martial art as such and as expected the host won both golds. It has to be the most rubbish event at any multi sport game in the 21st century.

I wasn’t particularly enamored by the “show” event in ju-jitsu either. I get the point of it (demonstrating forms through a performance), but it just wasn’t for me. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It must be said the the local organizers have done a great job of dressing the venues. They all look very nice and professional from what I’ve seen so far. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It must be said the the local organizers have done a great job of dressing the venues. They all look very nice and professional from what I’ve seen so far. 

If anyone tries to discredit the hosts, I can assure you they're Indonesians :lol:

23 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:TLS Timor Leste wins its first medal of the games, a bronze in mixed doubles soft tennis. Except Brunei all nations have medalled on Day 1.

:BRU joins the medal table with a bronze in pencak silat. However, they won that by virtue of low entries and good draw. Hopefully they can win a couple matches and get a few more medals in the coming days.

Also, on the topic of pencak silat, does any have a replay from yesterday. I believe it was broadcast, but I couldn’t find anything in a quick search…

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

:BRU joins the medal table with a bronze in pencak silat. However, they won that by virtue of low entries and good draws

A silver for the women's team regu in Pencak Silat beating almost all of South East Asia just behind Singapore.

23 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I haven’t found any other than indoor hockey and ju-jitsu, so feel free to pass along any you come across. 

I can't remember now but every event is being streamed except outdoor events including tennis, cricket, cycling and sailing.

Billiards, pentaque and teqball I found dedicated streams. Pencak Silat was little tricky to find without single complete stream.

Type 2023 sea games *sport name* live on YouTube 

:CAM win gold in men's cricket. Just goes on to show that if you are not growing home talent you are always prone to losing when a new team can puts in the money. Either spend on developing a good home grown structure then automatically you get dividend or be ready to spend heavily on getting athletes from other nations (not sustainable). Malaysia and Singapore are learning it the hard way.

Edited by Fly_like_a_don