website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2023

Totallympics

10 hours ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

The penalty nonsense is ridiculous.

Yep. Just give a penalty every time and they'll learn the correct speed for the turn fast enough. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

This season is as predictable as it goes but a minor plot twist as Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc were DQ from USA GP results due to excessive skid plank wear.

That guy from Pays Bas with a Belgian mother won the 50th Grand Prix of his career :coffee:

And some Mexicans couldn't stand that their guy simply is a decent driver, but not much more than that, judging by their reactions after the race and during the podium ceremony :lol: 

Oh well, maybe next week their guy can get a victory as present or something :p 

And about the floors/skid plank, it's as clear as it can get :facepalm:

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic start for the Vegas GP weekend this morning. First practice was stopped and then cancelled after a grand total of 9 minutes, due to a loose manhole cover which severely damaged the floor of Carlos Sainz' Ferrari (and luckily didn't injury anyone).

Seems unlikely FP2 will happen in a bit over an hour.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Fantastic start for the Vegas GP weekend this morning. First practice was stopped and then cancelled after a grand total of 9 minutes, due to a loose manhole cover which severely damaged the floor of Carlos Sainz' Ferrari (and luckily didn't injury anyone).

Seems unlikely FP2 will happen in a bit over an hour.

1. The circuit is ugly.

2. I don't think Las Vegas citizens needed such a mess in the city. 

3. Without DRS, we won't see overtakes because the circuit is too narrow in many turns.

4. The race will be boring.

5. The road seems to be dangerous for drivers.

6. Just think what could happen during a race if the incident of Sainz would have happened in a race time.

Overall, if FIA wants more races per season they need to bring back the classic circuits in F1 calendar (Sepang, Shanghai, Nurburgring, Hockenheim etc).

9 minutes ago, vlad said:

1. The circuit is ugly.

2. I don't think Las Vegas citizens needed such a mess in the city. 

3. Without DRS, we won't see overtakes because the circuit is too narrow in many turns.

4. The race will be boring.

5. The road seems to be dangerous for drivers.

6. Just think what could happen during a race if the incident of Sainz would have happened in a race time.

Overall, if FIA wants more races per season they need to bring back the classic circuits in F1 calendar (Sepang, Shanghai, Nurburgring, Hockenheim etc).

1 is a matter of preference I think and I agree with 2, this isn't at all great for the residents. I don't think it's more dangerous than Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Monaco, Miami, Baku for example, and whether the race will be boring or not we really can't say yet....that was said about more new tracks which turned out to not be the case, with classic tracks then ending up boring sometimes.

This is definitely not going great, but it's also far from the first time a race track - street or not - has had manhole cover issues. I still have hope that's solved and we can get things going for real. The track and surroundings definitely have a lot more interesting overall feel than soulless stuff like Bahrain or Qatar.

How are Sepang and especially Shanghai classics, by the way, didn't they debut less than 25 years ago and stayed for not even 15-20 years? :p 

As long as at least Monaco, Spa, Monza and Silverstone stay on the calendar forever...

'Funniest' thing so far is Toto Wolff basically telling Vasseur he shouldn't be complaining and overreacting so much. You know, Vasseur, whose Ferrari team now has a severely damaged car due to organizational oversight :facepalm: 

Wolff just wants to make sure he never says anything that is actually decent, right?

Edit: new 'funniest' thing already appeared :lol: 

Schermafbeelding-2023-11-17-103418.png

That is half an hour before FP2 is finally going to start.

Edited by heywoodu

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

How are Sepang and especially Shanghai classics, by the way, didn't they debut less than 25 years ago and stayed for not even 15-20 years? :p 

I wanted to say real circuits, not street circuits, that's why I said classics;) And yes, those circuits you mentioned above are dangerous too, but for me there are too many street circuits in the calendar already and I prefer a real circuit like Sepang or Shanghai where we can see great racing :d