website statistics

European Games 2023

Totallympics

51 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Shooting (rifle and pistol) is still the worst traditional Olympic discipline. Even when I watched us winning a gold medal yesterday I couldn't get excited because it's literally just watching numbers appear on a screen. I know that it can be improved with some graphics, but it would still just be a TV graphic, because irl it's an incredibly boring precision game. Skeet and trap are at least visually pleasing and appear more "physical". Even darts seem more of an actual physical sport than air rifle and air pistol. 

I don't know, I just don't get how this sport has 15 Olympic events. Way too much for a sport that's both visually unappealing and has low attendance even at the Summer Games. I would strip it down to 1-1 male and female rifle and pistol events and keep the 5 shotgun events. So basically drop the 6 air pistol/rifle events, down to 9 Olympic events instead of the current 15. Anything would be better than this, even E-sports. 

Shooting is one of those sports that's lucky it got in during the early days of the Olympics. It definitely would not be added as a new sport today.

In discussions about esports being in the Olympics I've used shooting as an example of a sport that's less physical being in the Olympics. In fact, esports and shooting have a lot of common, they are both precision sports that focus on twitch muscles. Funny enough, there is always someone that tries and argue the physicality of shooting and throws in "but tradition" for good measure.

CANOEING SPRINT

Men's K4-500m
Final Results

:ESP Spain
Carlos Arevalo
Rodrigo Germade
Saul Craviotto
Marcus Walz
1:19.964

:UKR Ukraine
Dmytro Danylenko

Oleh Kukharyk