website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2023

Totallympics

Wow Nicaragua! :d So happy for them. They played there best game when it mattered the most. Unfortunately, it looks like they'll be placed in the pool of death but just making it probably means the world to these players and the rest of the country.

October 4th Scores:

:ARG Argentina 5-6 Nicaragua :NCA

:BRA Brazil 0-4 Panama :PAN

October 5th Scores:

:NCA Nicaragua 3-1 Brazil :BRA

Congratulations to Panama and Nicaragua on qualifying! Heartbreak for Brazil on the other hand.

Prior to the start of qualification, :GBR, :CZE, :PAN, and :NCA were the teams I wanted to qualify and I can't believe they all managed to do that. Panama and Nicaragua are both smaller countries where baseball is hugely popular, Czech republic was a growing program and even though GB had a lot of heritage players, they had a lot of young and exciting players to watch. Panama is making its first appearance since 2009 and the other 3 are making their debut.

So the field is officially set:

:AUS Australia, :CAN Canada, :CHN China, :COL Colombia, :CUB Cuba, :CZE Czech Republic, :DOM Dominican Republic, :GBR Great Britain, :ISR Israel, :ITA Italy, :JPN Japan, :MEX Mexico, :NED Netherlands, :NCA Nicaragua, :PAN Panama, :PUR Puerto Rico, :KOR South Korea, :TWN Taiwan, :USA United States, :VEN Venezuela

Pools haven't officially been confirmed but they should look something like this

Pool A

Taichung

Pool B

Tokyo

Pool C

Phoenix

Pool D

Miami

:CUB Cuba :AUS Australia :CAN Canada :DOM Dominican Republic
:GBR Great Britain :CHN China :COL Colombia :ISR Israel
:ITA Italy :CZE Czech Republic :MEX Mexico :NCA Nicaragua
:NED Netherlands :JPN Japan :PAN Panama :PUR Puerto Rico
:TWN Taiwan :KOR South Korea :USA United States :VEN Venezuela

4 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

October 4th Scores:

:ARG Argentina 5-6 Nicaragua :NCA

:BRA Brazil 0-4 Panama :PAN

October 5th Scores:

:NCA Nicaragua 3-1 Brazil :BRA

Congratulations to Panama and Nicaragua on qualifying! Heartbreak for Brazil on the other hand.

Prior to the start of qualification, :GBR, :CZE, :PAN, and :NCA were the teams I wanted to qualify and I can't believe they all managed to do that. Panama and Nicaragua are both smaller countries where baseball is hugely popular, Czech republic was a growing program and even though GB had a lot of heritage players, they had a lot of young and exciting players to watch. Panama is making its first appearance since 2009 and the other 3 are making their debut.

So the field is officially set:

:AUS Australia, :CAN Canada, :CHN China, :COL Colombia, :CUB Cuba, :CZE Czech Republic, :DOM Dominican Republic, :GBR Great Britain, :ISR Israel, :ITA Italy, :JPN Japan, :MEX Mexico, :NED Netherlands, :NCA Nicaragua, :PAN Panama, :PUR Puerto Rico, :KOR South Korea, :TWN Taiwan, :USA United States, :VEN Venezuela

Pools haven't officially been confirmed but they should look something like this

Pool A

Taichung

Pool B

Tokyo

Pool C

Phoenix

Pool D

Miami

:CUB Cuba :AUS Australia :CAN Canada :DOM Dominican Republic
:GBR Great Britain :CHN China :COL Colombia :ISR Israel
:ITA Italy :CZE Czech Republic :MEX Mexico :NCA Nicaragua
:NED Netherlands :JPN Japan :PAN Panama :PUR Puerto Rico
:TWN Taiwan :KOR South Korea :USA United States :VEN Venezuela

I'm puzzled on how the guys from the :BAH  are eligible for :GBR ?

Only thing I can think of is that their parents were born in the Bahamas there before it became independent from Britain?

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

I'm puzzled on how the guys from the :BAH  are eligible for :GBR ?

Only thing I can think of is that their parents were born in the Bahamas there before it became independent from Britain?

Probably on the same basis that athletes from Aruba, Montserrat etc compete for us in the Olympics.

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Probably on the same basis that athletes from Aruba, Montserrat etc compete for us in the Olympics.

I think you mean Anguilla not Aruba. You're just upsetting the Dutch there. :d

But no,  Anguilla, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos are still British dependent territories. The Bahamas has been its own independent sovereign nation since 1973.

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

I think you mean Anguilla not Aruba. You're just upsetting the Dutch there. :d

But no,  Anguilla, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos are still British dependent territories. The Bahamas has been its own independent sovereign nation since 1973.

Yeah, but do they have membership of whatever governing body is what I mean?