website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Well, the canoe/kayak was a huge let down this morning.  Just like that, Canada is left with only one medal chance in the whole event.    

You were way too optimistic, Oldershaw and Van Koeverden were clearly on the decline and I didn't see any chance of a medal for either. They'll probably retire in a few days.

Just now, juddy96 said:

You were way too optimistic, Oldershaw and Van Koeverden were clearly on the decline and I didn't see any chance of a medal for either. They'll probably retire in a few days.

Not medal favourites, but very able to get into the final.  And then who knows.  I thought at least one of them would make it to the final.  It's not a huge upset, just with the schedule it happened so fast.  

Just now, orangeman said:

Not medal favourites, but very able to get into the final.  And then who knows.  I thought at least one of them would make it to the final.  It's not a huge upset, just with the schedule it happened so fast.  

De Jonge is 32 himself, so even if he wins a medal here he might just decide to go out on top and retire as well. And then we'll be in a similar position to rowing

1 minute ago, juddy96 said:

De Jonge is 32 himself, so even if he wins a medal here he might just decide to go out on top and retire as well. And then we'll be in a similar position to rowing

Which is sad, considering how strong we were in the 90s in both (esp. rowing).  Totally mismanaged.