website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

18 godzin temu, LDOG napisał:

I got mad when Schwartzman won Istambul last week, I hope he loses as early as possible in the remaining tournaments.:lol: 

Why? So far Mayer, Delbonis and Schwartzman are eligible to play in Rio, other players don't have chances to play because don't have enough played matches in Davis Cup, so there is 99% chances that Del Potro will get wild card, even if Diego will win some more matches.

Kyrgios became really committed on court. Improvements in game are also noticeable, backhand and return for instance. He moves much better but that department is yet to be polished. Really mature showing today. This looks very promising and ATP needs such players, bold, brave, with heart of a champion. 

hace 1 hora, rybak said:

Why? So far Mayer, Delbonis and Schwartzman are eligible to play in Rio, other players don't have chances to play because don't have enough played matches in Davis Cup, so there is 99% chances that Del Potro will get wild card, even if Diego will win some more matches.

From what I have read from journalists, the Davis cup rule is very lax and it allows for many exceptions. I think Pella will be able to get in that way (I hope not).