website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

Vlasic will remain a mystery until the competition starts. She apparently is secretly preparing for the Olympics. At least according to her she doesn't have any pain anymore. Would be a shame if such an exceptional athlete would have never won an Olympic gold medal.

Kljakovic Gaspic would have been a legit medal contender in the past two years, unfortunately he hasn't had a good year so far. I agree that 470 is our only great hope for a medal in sailing.

Lenier Pero is about the same age as Hrgovic and has been less successful so far. Its tough but should be winnable for Hrgovic.

Overall today's draws were bad for us. Hrvoje Sep would face top favorite in quarterfinals.

Coric hasn't impressed this year, but there are many players in the field he could have beaten. But he very likely won't beat Simon. Cilic and Draganja would face Melo/Soares in Round 2. Draw for Cilic in singles also could have been better under these circumstances. He can beat everybody except for Murray and Djokovic, but he could also lose in early round. Konjuh's draw could have been worse, but she is the underdog anyway.

Edited by Milan

If I saw it well, B.Matic in judo will fight in first round against Perez from Puerto Rico, than in 2nd round against seeded athlete from Colombia - Alvear. Quarterfinal against Bernabeu from Spain or Klys from Poland. I think that it is not bad draw for her, but I'm not an expert in judo.

Edited by Crolympic

First goal is to defeat Puerto Rico. :d And that really is the hope I have here, getting first Croatian judo Olympic win after Mišković and Marijanović flew out in the first round in 2012.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

First goal is to defeat Puerto Rico. :d And that really is the hope I have here, getting first Croatian judo Olympic win after Mišković and Marijanović flew out in the first round in 2012.

I agree, she is not among favorites. Even one win is great, but I hope she can do more than that.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Crolympic:

I agree, she is not among favorites. Even one win is great, but I hope she can do more than that.

Alvear was few times world champion. Not easy draw, but in judo there is no easy draw. I still believe in her. She can do that.

1 hour ago, prso1000 said:

Tennis: i am afraid my prediction for the singles will become true. 3 out in first round.

Somehow I have a good feeling for doubles.

The real dissapountment was boxing. No luck

Well, I think that Cilic can beat Dimitrov. I'm not so confident about Draganja/Cilic.

I agree that boxing is real dissapointment. Hrgovic is our medal candidate, the draw could be much easier for him.