website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2018 - 2019

hckošice

4F provides the clothing for Slovakian team? Expanding beyond borders! :p

4F is a Polish brand so it's not like they had far to travel to Slovakia...

https://media.otcf.pl/en/4f/news/pr/414084/the-4f-brand-to-become-the-official-sponsor-of-the-slovak-biathlon-ass

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Will she even start? Fourcade won't start tomorrow according to Polish ES.

Hope so, with some good shooting (1 or 2 misses tops), I think she'd gain a lot of places. But then again, day after is mass start, might be wiser to rest like Fourcade apparently does.

So, is Fialkova now a #1 media sports star in Slovakia? Outside of her and Vlhova I can't think of anyone else suitable (unless there's some slalom canoe prodigy I'm not aware of ;) ).  Can't think of many Slovakian women doing well in sports these days. Last I remember was Martina Moravcova :lol:

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

So, is Fialkova now a #1 media sports star in Slovakia? Outside of her and Vlhova I can't think of anyone else suitable (unless there's some slalom canoe prodigy I'm not aware of ;) ).  Can't think of many Slovakian women doing well in sports these days. Last I remember was Martina Moravcova :lol:

Do you remember Veronika Zuzulová ? :d + Danka Barteková had still somehow quite pretty nice amount of media attentions :d but yep, right now all the sports serious sites just as well as in the tabloids it´s mainly about Vlhová and Paja + hockey stars (you know, all the 24/h important informations like what they eat for breakfast, with whom they sleep etc..) :d

wow, you really remember Moravcová ? :d

It turns out for the first time in her career Zbylut didn't shoot from left to right (on coach Belova's advice) but right to left. And bang, 10/10.

It seems like Belova's return to Poland could spark the same wave which once elevated Nowakowska and Guzik from scrubs into random contenders in the mid/late 00s.

Just now, hckosice said:

Do you remember Veronika Zuzulová ? :d + Danka Barteková had still somehow quite pretty nice amount of media attentions :d but yep, right now all the sports serious sites just as well as in the tabloids it´s mainly about Vlhová and Paja + hockey stars (you know, all the 24/h important informations like what they eat for breakfast, with whom they sleep etc..) :d

wow, you really remember Moravcová ? :d

Yeah, I remember Zuzulova duh, but she always injured when it mattered the most tbh. She could have achieved a lot more. Guess Vlhova will cloud her status very soon.

Of course I remember Moravcova. I followed swimming since the days of Egerszegi & van Almsick and only lost interest after the space suits made the competition a joke in 2009. Don't follow much swimming since then if at all.

Had to googe Bartekova, yeah, I don't follow that sport at all so I had no idea who she is ;)