• :NED Netherlands
  • :ESP Spain

2019 Championships Results

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 18 Division II Group A World Championship 2019

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 18 Division II Group B World Championship 2019

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Under 18 Division III Group A World Championship 2019

Tournament Format

After the Withdrawal of  :AUS and  :CHN due Pandemic Traveling issues, 

the remaining 4 Nations will play a classic Round-Robin tournament, Each team play once every opponent, 

The first ranked Nation will qualify for the Men´s Under 18 Division II Group A World Championships next year in 2023

The remaining 3 contestants Nations ranked 2nd, 3rd and 4th are guaranteed to stay in this Men´s Under 18 Division II Group B World Championships also for the next season

*IIHF still has not decided how to resolve the situation with the Relegated nation to the next year Men´s Under 18 Division III Group A World Championship

(It should be either a direct match between both withdrewing nations :AUS and :CHN later, or both nations relegated together and 2 teams promoted from lower division or any other possibility which should be reconsidered in later date this year)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Schedule

and

Standing Link

Monday March 21st, 2022 -

Round-Robin Day 1 Results (GMT +2)

15:30  :ESP Spain  0 - 5  Croatia :CRO

19:00  :NED Netherlands  8 - 1  Bulgaria :BUL

Provisional Standing After Day 1:

1.  :NED 3 pts

-------------

2. :CRO 3

3. :ESP 0

4. :BUL 0

-------------

-. :AUS  Withdrawal

-. :CHN  Withdrawal

Tuesday March 22nd, 2022 -

Round-Robin Day 2 Results (GMT +2)

15:30  :NED Netherlands  1 - 8  Croatia :CRO

19:00  :BUL Bulgaria  1 - 6  Spain :ESP

Provisional Standing After Day 2:

1.  :CRO 6 pts   (Promotion to Men´s Under 18 Division II Group A 2023)

-------------

2. :NED 3

3. :ESP 3

4. :BUL 0

-------------

-. :AUS  Withdrawal

-. :CHN  Withdrawal

Thursday March 24th, 2022 -

Round-Robin Last Day Schedule (GMT +2)

15:30  :ESP Spain vs Netherlands :NED

19:00  :CRO Croatia vs Bulgaria :BUL

1) Everything about the Promotion is already solved. :CRO is the Tournament winner and promoted to the next year Men´s Under 18 Division II Group A.

2) Bulgaria is also already assured to finish this tournament in 4th place.

3) The only question which will be solved tomorrow is who will earn Silver and who the Bronze, We will find out in a direct match between :ESP and :NED with the winner of the game finishing in 2nd place.

4) Remember IIHF has still not decided who will be relegated from this division, since 2 countries withdrew from this championship :AUS and :CHN  who of them will be relegated (or even both) will be decided later.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Oksana Zubkovska just won her 5th consecutive gold in women's long jump at the age of 41. She's just fenomenal woman, who tried to convince doctors that she is healthy at her junior age. 
    • It might have some advantages, I get that, but it doesn't take away the fact that you simply can't make a remotely fair league standing when teams don't all play each other. There's no way you can compare team A and B on number of points gained when they didn't play the same teams (and/or each other)...
    • I'm as traditional and anti-Super League as anyone you can get, but i'm optimistic about the new format.   For one it's still totally opposite of what the Super League wants to be. We don't have a closed league with 30+ matches in a season and you also depend on the domestic leagues to qualify.    Also, as good as the old group stage format was, the last few years it became very double sided in my view. In the 2000s and early 2010s it was much more interesting, when the teams were more equal in strength and surprises happened. But in the past few years, with all the money involved the gap is widening between the elite 10 teams and the rest.    And we usually got 2-3 really strong groups, where some teams got screwed and then we had 5 rather easy groups, with the big teams there had a cruise to the knockout stage, where after 3 matches it was virtually known what the final standing will be.   Now in the new format, where the knockout bracket is fixed by the positions in the league, there will be intrigue till the end i reckon. Plus with only 1 match between teams, there is a higher chance for a smaller team to upset a bigger one. If you have Man City - Sparta in 2 matches, you definitely know City are winning at minimum 1 of them. But in only 1 round, if they miss to beat Sparta, then lose to team 2 and have another draw with a smaller team, then their position in the table is affected much more serious.   I also really like, that after the league phase, we don't get teams dropping to the lower competitions. I have enough of teams like Barcelona or Man Utd phoning and moaning, when they drop to the Europa League. If you don't make the knockouts you are out, done..   The one thing i definitely don't like about the switch is that they gave 2 of the extra spots again to the top Nations with this bogus "best country coef. in a year" spot. They should have given them to the Q nations. The top 5 leagues have enough teams already. 
    • Lill was well on her way to silver, had a small but 'annoying' fall and just seemed to be kind of broken from then on, with first Terpstra catching her and at the end Berta doing the same  
    • Yeah, Friday I was just trying to stay on my feet, quite a fever, feeling super cold and bloody hot at the same time, dizzy and so on, watched Aline's heat before stepping back into bed and didn't really care about watching anything else that day     Luckily it's a lot better now, so I can enjoy the day more or less as normal.
    • I have no idea about what's happened and how, but Martina Berta won the bronze medal
    • Oh, I was just thinking since you weren’t sharing anything about it in the thread at the time that you weren’t watching, but I guess I was mistaken 
    • After the 'Will Griggs on fire' thing at Euro 2016, that had totally disappeared, but yeah, this summer...it. is. everywhere.   Go away  
    • I never want to hear “Freed from Desire” after today, I can’t seem to escape it I swear 
    • Definitely not, watched that as well Friday     Mostly looking forward to the marathon next week though, that's definitely her main thing.