website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

México finally got at least 100 medals each color. 

Is the first time a country got that(145-108-100),i this games with Cuba participting. 

México got this in 2002 and 2010 and Venezuela in 2002 but Cuba was not in this games. 

Annoyingly, it seems like there’s quite a few documents (“reports”) missing from the results system. Hopefully those get added after the conclusion of the Games.

Otherwise, Bornan’s system still receives a pretty good score from me. The live results function worked pretty well, or at least on par with their competitors in the industry. I like the ability to toggle the schedule by grid, day, and sport. They were a bit slow adding information sometimes, but the info was generally accurate and helpful once in the system. The file size of the “reports” was also decreased from the past, which was one of my complaints with Bornan, so nice to see improvement there. I also really liked the television graphics package they created for the Games. 

They’ll be busy this year, as I believe they are doing similar functions for the Commonwealth Youth Games, Asian Games, Asian Para Games, Pan American Games, and Parapan American Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I didn’t watch as much of these Games as I would have liked, but where the European Games failed to live up to my expectations, this event easily surpassed them. There was great coverage, even if certain events weren’t shown when I wanted to watch them. The results system was good. We had a couple of smaller NOCs with historic performances. The venues and organization seemed adequate, even if there were some quirks. I will also probably never get the theme song out of my head, so thanks for that CCS Channel :p

All in all, a fun event to follow. It’s definitely worthy of a place on the international sports calendar in my opinion. I hope the centennial edition in Santo Domingo is just as great. It would be a shame to lose the older regional multi-sport games in the world. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

:CUB loses a gold medal in weightlifting due to doping. :VEN should get the reallocated gold medal, as well as the reallocated bronze medal. :DOM will add a silver medal to their final tally.

A surfer and baseball player also registered AAFs. Link: https://centrocaribesports.org/en/three-athletes-tested-positive-for-doping-during-san-salvador-2023-games/

Edited by Olympian1010

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 9:46 AM, Olympian1010 said:

:CUB loses a gold medal in weightlifting due to doping. :VEN should get the reallocated gold medal, as well as the reallocated bronze medal. :DOM will add a silver medal to their final tally.

A surfer and baseball player also registered AAFs. Link: https://centrocaribesports.org/en/three-athletes-tested-positive-for-doping-during-san-salvador-2023-games/

Centro Caribe Sports will arrange a special medal ceremony for the affected athletes during the Pan American Games: https://centrocaribesports.org/en/centro-caribe-sports-will-make-a-special-medal-presentation/

Its great to see an organization doing their best to give athletes cheated out of medals their moment in the spotlight :yes