website statistics

World Beach Games 2019

Olympian1010

Just now, donerkebab said:

Yeah , I wish Beach Taekwondo could make it to final list.

Beach Poomsae is the one type of Poomsae I find tolerable. I like to see the incorporation of some of the Asian Beach Games events into the games like, Beach Athletics, Coastal Rowing, and Powerboating (or Jetski). Plus maybe Beach Rugby, Beach Croquet or Woodball, and Obstacle Course.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, bestmen said:

again Qatar is the host  :wacko:

In this class they were the best option. San Diego pulled out with 5-6 months to go, and Qatar stepped out. They are the only reason these games still exist.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Here’s a what the skate park will look like:

A4F21B74-1383-4F60-BBE2-420A79C87FCF.jpeg1FC7A094-F2D7-4416-AF7A-D1A7FA9F2E84.jpeg6DD0A1E9-40DB-442C-AFCA-6D028E21A095.jpeg

Overall a very safe, standard design. Nothing all that interesting about the park. No unique features to speak of. Probably means that it will be a spin fest. I can never really tell until the skaters ride it though, so I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Not exactly a shinning advertisement for games :p

The Local Organising Committee (LOC) has confirmed that some of the world’s best athletes from all five continents will be competing for 350 medals in 14 disciplines across 13 sports.

1 Week To Go!

...And the results system is already published :clap:

I don’t know much about the Bornan system because they are a relatively new system. However this system is the same as the one used at the African Beach Games (which was pretty usable). Their systems also seem to be hardy, but can be a bit slow.

Link: https://results.awbgqatar.com/#/awbg2019/schedule/grid

...And :RUS has selected a 10 year old for Skateboard :p. I can tell this competition is being taken semi-seriously becuase the athletes are generally ancient by skateboarding standards (20-24 years old), but they’re are still a few Sky Brown’s hanging around.

https://results.awbgqatar.com/#/awbg2019/athletes/SKB/BEACHGAMES-00008949

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

...And :RUS has selected a 10 year old for Skateboard :p. I can tell this competition is being taken semi-seriously becuase the athletes are generally ancient by skateboarding standards (20-24 years old), but they’re are still a few Sky Brown’s hanging around.

https://results.awbgqatar.com/#/awbg2019/athletes/SKB/BEACHGAMES-00008949

Half of all skateboarders are younger than :yikes:. In fairness, my age is changing soon...