website statistics

Artistic Swimming 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

7 hours ago, Makedonas said:

In my opinion she has a very good point

To the slightly uninitiated, it all sounds very much like a bit of a catfight between one Greek and a former Greek, with one of them simply being frustrated at her performance....as if Austria of all countries is such a political powerhouse in the sport rigging medals in their favour, surely it isn't? :p 

I hope she'll sort of get over it and start enjoying the sport, because from what she's posting she really sounds like someone who is doing a sport they basically hate, find boring and have no positive feelings about whatsoever, that's not healthy..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 8/18/2022 at 3:46 AM, heywoodu said:

To the slightly uninitiated, it all sounds very much like a bit of a catfight between one Greek and a former Greek, with one of them simply being frustrated at her performance....as if Austria of all countries is such a political powerhouse in the sport rigging medals in their favour, surely it isn't? :p 

I hope she'll sort of get over it and start enjoying the sport, because from what she's posting she really sounds like someone who is doing a sport they basically hate, find boring and have no positive feelings about whatsoever, that's not healthy..

Well she said based on country OR "public relations" first of all. Maybe the 'Austrians' have a really good PR team? I don't follow artistic swimming closely enough to know, but I'm sure she would not make such statements without having knowledge on this.

She definitely enjoys the sport as she has already gone to the Olympics three times and it's not like she makes a lot of money doing it either (she only has so many Instagram followers because she became somewhat famous from competing in a Greek reality show a few years ago). The videos comparing her performance with 'Austria' are pretty shocking, anyone can see this. Her main concern seems to be that the scoring in the sport does not seem to be fair, with the same countries always winning medals in the same order no matter what.

Interestingly enough, two of the people who liked your post made comments similar to Platanioti during last year's Olympics. I wonder what changed that they now have different views on this...