website statistics
United States National Thread
Posted
8 hours ago, Rdbc said:

I'm back... a few days before the start!

Anyone yet to figure out what their sleeping schedules will look like? 

So until the 28th I'm in Mexico but I'm landing early evening I believe.    After that I do work from home however I can't stay up until the morning.  So I'll probably stay up until like 1-2 am.   Put the olympic streams on one of my monitors and my work on the other.    And I'll wake up early and watch what I missed in the morning without going on any social media.   (Really gymnastics and track&field)

Israel National Thread
Posted
19 hours ago, Dnl said:

88 Athletes!!, have we got any chance for Reallocation Quotas?

No idea.   Doesn't seem so.   But I just hope that it won't be london in terms of medals.   Spachikov, ashram, muki,  dologifat.  All have high chances in medals.    Also some chances to some of the other judokas and also the baseball team.   

Israel National Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Dnl said:

Spychkov and paltchik  and the baseball team and maybe and hopfully a suprize , do we have a chance in women golf to get the quota?

4 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Spychkov and paltchik  and the baseball team and maybe and hopfully a suprize , do we have a chance in women golf to get the quota?

4 minutes ago, Dnl said:

i dont know, i dont see her anywhere in the ranking

Israel National Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, Dnl said:

we are 86 athletes in 14 sports!! we are still waiting to the confirmation of the two girls in Swimming + 2 in athletics and a chance in weightlifting if the Netherlands decline their quota did I miss anyone?

i'll try to make a list more clear and analyze the chances of everyone

I think thats about it, and quite a few very realistic chances including gold

Muki, Dologifat, Ashram all can win a gold

Israel National Thread
Posted
17 hours ago, Dnl said:

פרסמתי עכשיו וזמר תייג אותי חזרה בפוסט שכתבתי לפני חצי שנה... כתבתי לו שמאז עברו כמה וכמה דברים מקווה שיענו

תראה כמעת ולא קרה כלום בשנה האחרונה, אז רוב הדברים שנכתבו לפני שנה עדיין תקפים

Israel National Thread
Posted
15 hours ago, Dnl said:

חחחחח כן אני שם אחלה קבוצה לפי הפוסטים הם בפגרת חורף /עסוקים בקורונה

אברר שם על מי מועמד ואכתוב פה 

תודה בכל מקרה מקסים

אין בעיה, אני רואה שזמר האדמין שם יותר עסוק בלדבר על נתניהו וקורונה אבל אם תשאל מה קורה שם אז הם יענו, אני גם ייכנס לדיון

Israel National Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, Dnl said:

hi yes i have facebook

הקבוצה היא "בדרך לטוקיו?" כי אני שם אבל לאחרונה הם סוטים מהנושא של טוקיו לכל מיני כיוונים 

אני אברר שם ואכין פה רשימה

כן.   בדרך לטוקיו 2020

Israel National Thread
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Everywhere I’ve looked no one really made a list like this so it’s hard to follow, I saw someone that wrote that we can expect a delegation of about 85+ athletes but in what..., well thanks anyway , I’ll try to update the list if I can find info , and again if anyone else can help (winter and summer games) to make a list it would be much appreciate.

do you have facebook? i can send you to an israeli road to tokyo group, they are very up do date

Israel National Thread
Posted
3 hours ago, Dnl said:

@Maxim Fastovsky do you got any clue who is “still to come” in this Olympic Games?

to be honest, i'm not so sure, i really stopped following in the past 6 months between million things i have going on right now and the fact that i'm not sure if the olympics are even going to happen. Judo, Maybe sailing? maybe fencing? Misha Zilberman in badminton. We qualified the main ones , maybe we'll be able to get one or 2 more in track and swimming (hanna knyazeva minenko?)

Posted
3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Canoe Slalom’s pretty cool. You could travel down the LA River in a flamingo raft like those guys did a while back :p

i do like it, i'll check it out, hopefully they will have a lot of test events coming up that i will go to

I am worried because usually in olympics i spend 16 hours in front of the tv watching whatever i can, usually on 3 different screens, it will be a problem being in one event, i wont sleep for weeks trying to catch up!!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Too soon :(

You could just get a Yacht and travel in style to the Long Beach zone. Then you could have a limo for the other stuff :p

I live in the valley, i dont think i can take the yacht down l.a river, i need a fast way just to get from here to downtown or santa monica (i dont think i'll spend too much time in the local events iin van nuys shooting, equestrian, canoe slalom)

Posted
19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Maxim Fastovsky the US Olympic Trials for Table Tennis are in Santa Monica this year. Unfortunately they’re on the same freaking weekend as the Rugby and Climbing events! What kind of scheduling is this?

It's not really far from each other, Rugby in carson, climbing by lax, table tennis in santa monica, it's same area, better then me figuring out how to get to anaheim for volleyball in la2028 and being able to see 3 more events downtown

Posted
21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s what I wanted to know :d

I’d just go with a simple USA shirt, maybe a jersey. If you’ve got a flag lying around, you might want to bring that. You can also generally buy event shirts/team shirts at the event, so that’s an option as well. 

If you want to be festive, and not out there, maybe just try to dress completely in red, white, blue...

USA Rugby fans are known for being on the rowdy side from what I’ve read (at least relative to other US sports fans), so I’d be prepared for that. 

Are you going alone, or bringing your family?

I am going alone.  But a buddy might come on day 2.  I do have 2 flags.  One is hanging on the wall.  But the one I can bring is torn a bit that's why I retired it.   Not very respectable to bring.   

Posted
38 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, I was honestly trying to be helpful :cool:

I’ve been to quite a few different international events, so that’s why I asked. 

I didn’t media accreditation by the way. Unfortunately, the Pan America climbing qualifiers are on the same weekend at a venue only 15 minutes away :facepalm:. I’ll be there amongst the media. It will probably be just me, and a few other niche outlets. 

Well just want to represent team usa.   Nothing too crazy

Posted
3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve never been a fan of either team (Go Bucks!), so I’ll just stay clear of this rivalry :cool:

Oh i'm not a Clippers fan, i was always a Lakers fan (before LeBron) however objectively speaking clippers does have a better team, with a prime Kawaii and George, and they beat the lakers twice already. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Low key, we should just send our best high school players to see many countries they could still beat :p

They couldn't even win the world cup with second tier nba players. Maybe WNBA, but Basketball came up a long way and the other countries caught up to us.

Posted
2 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

No way, LeBron sat last one out, i'm sure he will come up with an excuse. Curry is injured for the year i think he will rehab and the warriors wont let him go to Tokyo. USA should be just fine as long as most other names will show up like Davis, George, Kawaii, Harden, Kyrie, Westbrook

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Karate obviously has lots of problems with officiating. and WKF itself is not a great organization either (most of their rule changes are dumb) but the scoring basic is very simple with only 1 or 2 rare situations.    I know in past IOC (under previous IOC presidents not the current dictator) asked WKF to find a solution, using helmets or something like that to avoid situation like the last Olympic final. and I remember WKF used it for few tournaments around 2000 (1998 Asian Games for example) but nobody (specially the athletes) didn't like it, they dropped the idea.   I totally understand Kata looks very very boring, (as boring as Surfing in my opinion) but that's the heart of karate. even if WKF is allowed to pick 1 event for the Olympics, they will pick Kata  (team kata is much better though)
    • Cross-country is a long standing WA ask. Handball was never going to get Beach, Gymnastics would defo want tumbling, but possibly prefer double mini or trampoline synchro to acrobatic. High diving SHOULD get in and Archery would be better looking at field events, but may be satisfied with the five it has.
    • Worth noting that MMA was once more or less known as 'no holds barred', the most brutal form of combat sport....but almost immediately, certain holds and techniques were barred! Eye gouging, fishhooking and, more important for this discussion "small joint manipulation" - i.e torture submissions based on breaking fingers and toes. Holds that work in te real world...but are unacceptable in the sport. Any martial art that becomes a sport compromises - what do you think boxing gloves are?   My problem with karate is following the scoring and understanding what scores and what doesn't. The action itself looks interesting, but its hard to read a context.   Under no circumstances whatsoever should we see fierce growling and staring at invisible people - Kata - ever return to the games - the only event more shambolic that B-girl Raygun. What next, Haka?
    • I can understand if they don’t have the multi-events and the walks on the athletic programme, but no javelin? 
    • That was never a controversy for anybody who has watched this sport for an hour.   in Judo you can win by strangulation or something but you can't break the neck I assume.  that's the same with kicking (or punching) to the head in Karate, you can kick but you can't kick with maximum force. that's the first thing they teach you in Karate. the very first thing.
    • Doest it matter ? Should it ?   I mean, the vast majority of olympic events are shit TV products anyway that no one watch outside of the Olympics.
    • I have now increased the width of the view so there is more space in the right and left borders.   Table with width 1000px are still too wide   Nation1 Jury Members Artist Song Video Voted   Argentina     La Guitarra -   Brazil     Meu Abrigo   but it also depends on the size of your screen and of your font. If a table is too wide you can zoom out (ctrl+mouse wheel) and see the missing columns in the right. On my screen, a table with width 900px and zoom 100% works fine:     Nation2 Jury Members Artist Song Video Voted   Argentina     La Guitarra -   Brazil     Meu Abrigo  
    • The judging systems for kata and breakdancing were actually both completely changed specifically for the Olympics, so they were both as old as one another.   And karate might have had many decades of development but that doesn’t mean the end product was any good as a TV sport, and it also had arguably the most controversial officiating decision of the entire Tokyo Olympics.