website statistics
1 minute ago, Canada4thewin said:

Commentators here also don’t understand.  I can’t believe the luck this guy have.  

Apparently it was movement on the starting blocks.  People over at swimswam, who have no love for Sun, agree.  But I haven't seen a replay.  

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, not much worse than one of the most blatant cheaters in swimming history getting gold (not exactly winning gold) because someone else got DQ'ed :facepalm:

Although I'm sure the Chinese are happy :) 

I don't criticize people for celebrating aggressively, as Sun always does.  But doing it when someone else gets DQ'd is classless.  Not surprised, though.  

12 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Shame about Ruck, 200m freestyle had medal potential for her. I imagine she'll be dropping the 50m freestyle too since that's her weakest individual event. She could have potentially featured in 10 events and to be honest that's a lot for one swimmer, she'll likely only compete in the finals for most relays too. She could miss the mixed freestyle relay if she makes the 200m backstroke final since they are on the same session.

She isn't entered for the 50m free.  I think she was only entered in the 100 and 200 free and back.  And then the 5 relays, one assumes.  You're right though, the mixed free relay would probably go if she's in the 200 back final since it's Canada's weakest shot at a medal and isn't an Olympic event.  

Edited by orangeman

Disappointed about Ruck in the 200.  I guess she's focusing on the 100m back tonight and the relays (as well as 100m later on).  Too bad, she was a real medal threat in this event, especially considering the other withdrawals.  Maybe the coaches are smelling a gold in the medley relay and want to make sure Ruck is rested enough.  Maybe they found a breaststroker somewhere in the Boreal forest.  :d

Edit to say: At least Oleksiak moved on, and she's looking good.  

Edited by orangeman

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Ledecky (and others) opt out of the 200!

Rumors I've read...

a) that she's sick.

b) that she's been sick all week.

c) that she may withdraw from the 1500 later too...

According to her coaches she is in fact sick, and has been since arriving in Korea.  1500m up in the air.

The 19-yaer-old MacNeil, making her worlds debut with the senior national team, turned in the eighth-fastest performance of all-time and is the second-fastest woman in history.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/aquatics/world-aquatics-championships-july-22-1.5219934

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

That performance does not bode well for the medley relays either

I was thinking the same.  She should have easily made the semis, hopefully she's not injured or something.  Canada doesn't really have another breaststroker in either gender.  

On 12/07/2019 at 14:52, phelps said:

me, if it was the only option...:d

however, it's to watch the entire event (and all the other fina stuff going on this month), not only the swimming races...

by the way, as @Gianlu33 wrote, just go with Hola VPN and the Italian TV...spread around rai2 (at night) and Raisport+ HD (during the day), you won't miss anything (of course they only braodcast the Italian teams in Waterpolo in the preliminary stage, that's the only limitation)...

another option for those who have a satellite dish, it's the world feed...but you need the proper hardware and "experience" to be able to take advantage of that...:lol:;)

Just want to thank you, currently watching on Rai2 from Canada (I have Express VPN).  CBC shows the evening session only.