website statistics

Poll 43/100 | The Statistical Point

Poll 43/100  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following statements would be true?

• 1-Jessica Fox of Australia will do a Canoe Slalom double with C1 and K1 gold
    • 2-Poland will finish ahead of Argentina but behind Iran in medal table
    • 3-China will be the best placed Asian nation in medal tally
    • 4-India will finish ahead of Romania but behind Canada in medal tally
    • 5-Carlos Yulo of Phillipines will win a medal in gymnastics
    • 6-Neisi Patricia Dajomes will be Ecuador's first ever female Olympic Champion

I believe these polls are quite interesting so I thought we'll have them more. 

Disclaimer : The above statements might not be my views. It has framed in a such a way that there is both easily possible and difficult outcomes to make it more unobvious.  

Sadly I haven't gotten around to making my medal table yet and obviously one can't predict that based on previous Olympics, so can't answer those statements :p 

I'd go with number 6 (apart from the 'first' part of course, that was Perez as our Slovak friend mentioned), but with the weird weightlifting stuff recently I have no idea who she'll compete against so I don't dare to say this yet :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I have no idea who she'll compete against so I don't dare to say this yet :d 

Her Seasons best is 261kg just 2kg below Zhang at 263kg so the chances of Chinese participating here are less. Due to the change North Korean lifter will be on top of rankings who is also the world champion with 276kg. So it kinda helped Ecuador that North Korea won't participate. Moreover Zhang unable to lift something like 270-275kg  will add to her misery meaning Dajomes has 13kg lead over Iryna Dekh of Ukraine at 248kg. 

40 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Her Seasons best is 261kg just 2kg below Zhang at 263kg so the chances of Chinese participating here are less. Due to the change North Korean lifter will be on top of rankings who is also the world champion with 276kg. So it kinda helped Ecuador that North Korea won't participate. Moreover Zhang unable to lift something like 270-275kg  will add to her misery meaning Dajomes has 13kg lead over Iryna Dekh of Ukraine at 248kg. 

Yeah but is it certain yet who will compete? Feels like that can change every week, so I'll wait and see :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

For 2 and 4 it's little tricky, you have to see all 3 nations medal favourites , read about their current state like injury, covid,current form .

Which is impossible for me:

1. I don't know nearly enough about all those sports to make good estimates of who has which chances from the top down

2. I don't have nearly enough time to calculate all the totals and percentages and so on

:p 

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Sadly I haven't gotten around to making my medal table yet and obviously one can't predict that based on previous Olympics, so can't answer those statements :p 

When will you start? It would be more interesting than usual given the pandemic.

#banbestmen

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

When will you start? It would be more interesting than usual given the pandemic.

I have no idea, it's hard to really find the time for it nowadays...you know, having an actual job and such :d 

And I will absolutely need a lot of help from people here again, like five years ago, where a whole lot of users provided incredibly valuable help in coming up with the percentages per event (as I'm sure you remember in the case of equestrian, for example).

We could try to make it sort of a team effort somewhere, ending up with one big list of percentages we all at least sort of agree on..