website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2015 - 2017 Discussion Thread

Werloc

Krogh times finish perfectly for La Clusaz win

Sundby Krogh Legkov La Clusaz 2016

Finn Hagen Krogh chose the perfect time to make his move today to win in the final meters of the men's 15 km free technique mass in La Clusaz, France.  Entering the final corner Krogh sat in second place just behind his teammate Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway but used his speed off the final corner to take the victory in a time of 34:09.3.  

Sundby crossed closely behind for second +0.3 back and Russia's Alexander Legkov was third +3.1.  Like the ladies' competition it was a solid top 10 with 6 nations represented and 8 in the top 15.  

Competitions continue tomorrow in La Clusaz with the men's 4 x 7.5 km relay at 12:30, and the ladies' 4 x 5 km relay at 15:00.

Full Results Here

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krogh sprints home again for Norwegian relay win

Krogh and Ustiugov La Clusaz 2016 relay

Finn Haagen Krogh sprint to victory again for the second day in a row in La Clusaz, France.  

This time it was in the as the anchor skier of the Norwegian men's relay team.  

Krogh held off a hard charging Sergey Ustiugov of Russia to lead Norway to a 0.2 second win.  Perhaps some revenge for Krogh as Ustiugov out sprinted him last weekend in the sprint in Davos.  

In third was the home team France.  

It was their first World Cup relay podium since December 2008 which was also in La Clusaz.  

Full Results Here

Norway dominated ladies' relay in La Clusaz

Team Norway in La Clusaz 2016 relay

The ladies' relay team from Norway dominated the event from start to finish.  

Ingvild Flugstad Oestberg left the rest of the field on the first lap and the Norwegian team never looked back after that.  

Sweden's Stina Nilsson brought her team back into contention on the second leg as she joined the lead group chasing Norway.  

On the third leg Sweden and Finland moved ahead for the battle for the final two podium positions while Russia, Switzerland and Germany spread out for the final spots in the top six.  

In the end it was Laura Mononen that captured the second place spot for Finland, +18 seconds ahead of Sweden in third.  

A very strong final leg by Nicole Fessel brought Germany from 6th to 5th.  

Russia took the 4th position.   

Full Results Here

Marit Bjoergen not nominated by the Norwegian team for the Tour de Ski :yikes:

https://www.langrenn.com/uttak-norge-tour-de-ski-2016-2017.5938554-1743.html

Norges tropp til Tour de Ski 31. desember 2016 til 8. januar 2017:

Kvinner
Ingvild Flugstad Østberg, Gjøvik Skiklubb
Kathrine Rolsted Harsem, Varden IL
Astrid Uhrenholdt Jacobsen, IL Heming
Ragnhild Haga, Åsen IL
Maiken Caspersen Falla, Gjerdrum IL
Kari Øyre Slind, Oppdal IL
Heidi Weng, IL i Bul
Lotta Udnes Weng, Nes Ski

Menn
Hans Christer Holund, Lyn Ski
Petter Northug, Strindheim IL
Finn Hågen Krogh, Tverrelvdalen IL
Simen Hegstad Krüger, Lyn Ski
Emil Iversen, IL Varden
Didrik Tønseth, Byåsen IL
Martin Johnsrud Sundby, Røa IL
Niklas Dyrhaug, Tydal IL

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Marit Bjoergen not nominated by the Norwegian team for the Tour de Ski :yikes:

No, she had already said somewhere in May or something that she wasn't going to participate :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It's a shame though, this could be an even more one-sided women's Tour than in earlier years...at least Johaug and Bjoergen had somewhat of a fight sometimes if I recall correctly :p I very much doubt Oestberg is going to really bring the fight to Weng, same for Nilsson or Parmakoski. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time ever SVK will not participate in the tour de ski :( how deep our nordic skiing fell ...ski jumping barely existing, nordic combined not anymore and now cross country skiing with no finance and future, very poor interest and absolute lack of talents... terrible, thinking we used to be pretty decent in the past

meanwhile, tomorrow will start the 11th edition of the annual prestigious Tour de Ski.

FIS Tour de Ski 2017

With only hours left until the start of the 11th edition of the Viessmann FIS Tour de Ski all Tour organisers report good snow conditions. The competition programme of the Tour will be carried out as planned. 

Val Müstair (SUI)

On New Year's Eve and New Year 2016/17 the Val Müstair will once again be the center of cross-country skiing. The region receives the Tour de Ski for the third time but the first with two stages. Every second year, the Tour de Skis stops in Val Müstair in the home of the brothers Dario and Gianluca Cologna. Thanks to good weather conditions the LOC could produce enough snow and both sprint and distance competition tracks are ready.

Oberstdorf (GER)

Good snow conditions are reported from Oberstdorf, host of the 3rd and 4th stage of the Tour de Ski. Athletes and spectators can look forward to the best snow conditions and a 2.5km loop in the cross-country stadium Ried.

In addition to great sporting experiences, the fun for the winter sports fans in the stadium is not to be missed, so the organizing committee will also be compiling an entertaining and eventful side program for all cross-country fans for the 11th edition of the Tour de Ski. For example a live band will create a great atmosphere for the stadium in the sporting breaks.

Toblach, (ITA)

Only one stage is going to take place in Toblach, Italy. The Nordic arena in the Puster valley is also ready to welcome the best Cross-Country skiers of the world. 5 km Ladies and 10 km F men are scheduled on 6th January 2017.

Val di Fiemme (ITA)

Val di Fiemme is the traditional host of the final stages of the Tour de Ski including the famous Final Climb. In spite of lack of natural snow the Tour de Ski track is already ready and also the Final Climb has been be open since Christmas. The connection between the CC Stadium and start of Olimpia III (Marcialonga track)  has also been completed.

Side events program features Fiemme Follk in the party tent on Saturday at 16.30, Après-Ski Race DJ Set in the party tent  and at 18.30 Fiemme Rock & Roll and Pasta Party Felicetti. On Sunday 8th January at 9.30 Rampa con i Campioni and Tour del Gusto all night long (see program attached) will take place.

With Petter Northug not starting, after tomorrow there will be nobody anymore who started all stages in Tour de Ski history.