website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Rio 2016 Olympic Bet Contest Discussion Thread

vor 6 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

The only way bet number 2 can be eliminated is if Russia had been given a full blanket ban, because that would mean Russia automatically wins 0 medals in Rio 2016. That is confirmed to not be the case, so that bet will stay no matter the decision on some sports is.

I can't comment anything more on the topic, sorry, because I would be helping users if I did. Just remember, only if the answer is definitely set in stone before August 6th I can remove a bet. Only in that case.

There is no reason to remove the bet. Will the deadline be after the end of the opening ceremony? We should have an answer by CAS before the start of the opening ceremony, so there might be enough time to change your prediction depending on the decision by CAS.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 9 Stunden schrieb LDOG:

The only way bet number 2 can be eliminated is if Russia had been given a full blanket ban, because that would mean Russia automatically wins 0 medals in Rio 2016. That is confirmed to not be the case, so that bet will stay no matter the decision on some sports is.

I can't comment anything more on the topic, sorry, because I would be helping users if I did. Just remember, only if the answer is definitely set in stone before August 6th I can remove a bet. Only in that case.

About question 108: Lets say an athlete from the Netherlands wins a medal, would the answer be yes or would the answer only be yes if an athlete from for example Mali wins a medal?

Medal in taekwondo = First medal ever in taekwondo at olympics or

Medal in taekwondo = First medal ever for this country (all sports)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

About question 108: Lets say an athlete from the Netherlands wins a medal, would the answer be yes or would the answer only be yes if an athlete from for example Mali wins a medal?

Medal in taekwondo = First medal ever in taekwondo at olympics or

Medal in taekwondo = First medal ever for this country (all sports)?

It's the latter.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb LDOG:

It's the latter.

Yeah, i thought so. So the question basically is: Will Mali win a medal in taekwondo. I wont risk 10 points on a question like that, its pretty much 50/50.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Yes, of course. But I don't have time to do the data input today, that's what I meant.

71: If Australia doesnt win both golds in team pursuit, then NO would be the right answer?

What about the predictions of africaboy and ady48 (page 3), they didnt give any points ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

vor 2 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Exactly.

The question sounds a bit strange. Why "a gold" instead of just "gold"? Australia wins gold in both team pursuits sounds much less "confusing" in my opinion.

hace 1 minuto, OlympicsFan said:

The question sounds a bit strange. Why "a gold" instead of just "gold"? Australia wins gold in both team pursuits sounds much less "confusing" in my opinion.

It's just a little grammar mistake, but it doesn't change anything.   

Its really sad that we didnt have a couple points more, 462 wouldve been the perfect number of points. :cry:

In case someone needs a last second help for the prediction contest:

http://www.si.com/olympics/2016/08/01/rio-2016-olympics-medal-picks-predictions-projected-medal-count

This is the best projected medal count i have seen so far.

Edited by OlympicsFan