MD:- Satwik/Chirag play in Finals

FIE Satellite Epee Individual

Kabita Devi gets Silver

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

10 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Sathwik / Chirag win by 21-11, 25-23 and enter the final

They have defeated three top ten players including world number 2 ...... Great effort .... I hope they can maintain this for the next few tournaments and be seeded in the top 8 for tokyo ..... Then they can be a genuine medal contender

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

51 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

They have defeated three top ten players including world number 2 ...... Great effort .... I hope they can maintain this for the next few tournaments and be seeded in the top 8 for tokyo ..... Then they can be a genuine medal contender

Absolutely, I think Satwik quickly needs to decide whether he wants to continue Mixed Doubles, with his injury history a wise decision maybe to purely focus on men's doubles, specially before the Olympics.

Edited by Sanjib

Watched the men's doubles semis highlights and am really impressed with Satwik-Chirag duo. Their telepathic movement in the court, lightening fast reflexes especially of Satwik, ability to return in odd body posture which all the requirements in the doubles game. They look mighty fit and tall which helps in delivering killer smashes

If they get a decent draw in the Olympics they could be a real medal contender. 

Personally I would like Satwik to concentrate on men's doubles only as Pranaav-Sikki duo is decent enough to qualify

16 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Watched the men's doubles semis highlights and am really impressed with Satwik-Chirag duo. Their telepathic movement in the court, lightening fast reflexes especially of Satwik, ability to return in odd body posture which all the requirements in the doubles game. They look mighty fit and tall which helps in delivering killer smashes

Personally I would like Satwik to concentrate on men's doubles only as Pranaav-Sikki duo is decent enough to qualify

Would agree I think ashwini - satwik would need to play in multiple tournaments to even qualify...... While the focus should be to qualify in the top 8 in men doubles and ensure seeding in Olympics 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

Would agree I think ashwini - satwik would need to play in multiple tournaments to even qualify...... While the focus should be to qualify in the top 8 in men doubles and ensure seeding in Olympics 

Unlike singles where 16 players are seeded, in doubles in last 2 Olympics only 4 are seeded, and then redraw for knockouts after match-fixing fiasco in 2012. Not aware this time how many pairs will be given seeds and hence I mentioned they need a decent draw

42 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Pranav -Sikki can't qualify. Only reasonable chance in mixed is ashwini -Satwik

15 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Pranav -Sikki can't qualify. Only reasonable chance in mixed is ashwini -Satwik

Assuming if either pair does qualify what is their realistic targets and can they reach the quarters. I am not aware if either pair has beaten any top 10 pairs consistently so far. Also the qualification is fairly 'easy' as doubles rankings is dominated by few nations - China, Malaysia, South Korea, Indonesia and Denmark and they just need to be within top 14th rank of qualification rankings which is about 22-25th World rankings which they are anyway.

Draw out for Fuzhou China Open 750

Srikanth Vs Momota

Kashyap Vs Tammasin( Thailand)

Prannoy Vs Gemke

Sameer Vs Lee C Y ( Hong Kong)

Sai Vs Sugiarto

Sindhu Vs Y Li ( Germany)

Saina Vs Cai ( China)

Sathwik /Chirag Vs Lee Yong dae / Kim

Manu / Sumeet Vs Chia / Soh( Malaysia)

Ashwini / Sikki Vs Li / Zheng ( China)

Pranav / Sikki Vs Wang / Cheng ( Taipei)

Sathwik / Ashwini Vs Hulburt-yu / Wu ( Canada)