website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

It looks certain now that Sushil will miss Rio Games. I am very disappointed with him for giving qualifying tournaments a miss. You can't stay injured for 4 years com'on! You don't become greater than the game even if you achieve so much. You just can't expect everything served to you and you won't give any try from your side.

I still want Sushil to be there and win a medal coz he is the best wrestler we ever sent to the Games and a medal is sure but he shouldn't have taken things for granted. Very unprofessional 

The only expected medal winner for Olympics is not going to represent us in wrestling this year... Now except yogeshwar i dont find any sure shot medal winner from India in Olympics..very unfortunate...

@Smit Well described incident...I think Narsingh is going to get us the meal...We are totally ignoring him..He earned this by winning the meal in world Championships n not in qualifying tournament, that too it was first chance and all participated. So give him his share of glory.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

37 minutes ago, shrikant said:

The only expected medal winner for Olympics is not going to represent us in wrestling this year... Now except yogeshwar i dont find any sure shot medal winner from India in Olympics..very unfortunate...

I'm surprised that people are still in support of Sushil(probably India's best athlete of the past, I don't deny that). Medal or no medal, Narsingh should go. Moreover he has improved a lot and now is a consistent performer. How long will we keep living in the past. What has Sushil done, since the London Olympics? Look at countries like Japan how they suspended a sure shot medalist like Momota in Badminton, of-course for different reasons, but the point here is if we are to grow as a sporting nation, we have to abide by some principles, Sushil clearly seems to have lost focus on what he was best at. Just now in women's boxing we have realized, that we have to look beyond Mary and Sarita, to the future like Sonia. Think about the Australian cricket team of the past, how a world cup winning captain was removed in year or so after winning the world cup. Sports is ruthless, and that is the beauty of it, the earlier we realize that, the better for our future.

19 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

I'm surprised that people are still in support of Sushil(probably India's best athlete of the past, I don't deny that). Medal or no medal, Narsingh should go. Moreover he has improved a lot and now is a consistent performer. How long will we keep living in the past. What has Sushil done, since the London Olympics? Look at countries like Japan how they suspended a sure shot medalist like Momota in Badminton, of-course for different reasons, but the point here is if we are to grow as a sporting nation, we have to abide by some principles, Sushil clearly seems to have lost focus on what he was best at. Just now in women's boxing we have realized, that we have to look beyond Mary and Sarita, to the future like Sonia. Think about the Australian cricket team of the past, how a world cup winning captain was removed in year or so after winning the world cup. Sports is ruthless, and that is the beauty of it, the earlier we realize that, the better for our future.

My Point is crystal clear, if Narsingh is better than Sushil, then he can go through the trials , just dont understand the crux behind this... why there is a fear...

Edited by shrikant

3 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

@Sanjib Can't disagree much on this...It should sum up with this...Perfectly said..If we have to grow we should support new and leave the carriage of the past...

Why not a trial... why there is a fear factor

Notable performances in the National Youth Athletics championships(U-18)

Men

100m - Rohit (11.06s), Rejaul(11.07s, Ajith(11.08s) - rohit has PB (10.96)

110m hurdles - Alden Norohna (14.36s)

LongJump - Sreeshankar (7.49m)

High jump - Gurjeet (1.98m)

Pole vault - Dhirendra (4.72m) in 2 months increased 22cm...

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go