website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Prashanth said:

Indian Squad for the Champions Trophy Hockey from June 10-17

Squad: PR Sreekesh (Captain), Vikas Dahiya, Pradeep Mor, VR Raghunath, Kothajit Singh, Surender Kumar, Harmanpreet Singh, Danish Mujtaba, Chinglensana Singh, Manpreet Singh, SK Uthappa, Devinder Walmiki, Harjeet Singh, Talwinder Singh,Mandeep Singh, S V Sunil (vice-captain), Akashdeep Singh, Nikkin Thimmaiah.

That's a bold team in such a big tournament, no Sardar, Rupinder. Let's hope for the best.

India at the Uber cup status update 

India defeated Germany 5-0 .....This win was expected ...... the only question was the doubles pairing and ruthvika performance ................. she is ranked at 110+ in womens singles ...... I personally feel she is a high caliber player who is young enough to improve steeply ....she is getting a good chance by being part of the Uber team ..... she defeated Yvonne li in straight sets ......... 

I like our team here

Saina / Sindhu / Ruthvika in the singles - I think they are the best we have ( tanvi is higher than ruthvika but I think ruthvika is better ) 

Jwala / ashiwini and sindhu / sikki in the doubles .................... I personally think they should play maneesha / sikki or......... pradnya /sikki as that will build a second womens combination rather than using this scratch combination of sikki / sindhu ..........

other than that I think this is the very best team ,,,,,,, form I think is bit subjective ... i feel Saina has recovered from her injury so is looking good ..... Sindhu is the X factor but Is also in reasonable form .......Jwala/ashwini  have been really off color so they should grind themselves in ... today they had a long match against the german doubles pair and did well to grind out a three set victory 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

India tomorrow at the Uber Cup 

Indias has reached the quarters according to me ........but the question who will top the group we play the absolutely brilliant Japanese team tomorrow to determine who tops the group 

The two singles would be close ( this is based on the likely team of japan ) 

Akane Yamaguchi vs Sidhu - Sidhu has an edge 

Nozomi Akuhara vs Saina - Nozomi is in blinding form and seems to have an edge against Saina but if saina is fit this could be close 

Sayaka Sato is ranked 12th in the world and Ruthvika is 110+ so it does not seem a fair contest but maybe the time for ruthvika to make a name 

matsutoma and takahashi are ranked 1 in the world - does jwala ashwini have a chance ??? - not a snowballs in hell as they have been poor form as well 

fukoman / Yanoa are ranked world number 9 .......not a chance in hell for a scratrch pair ....again a miracle is needed 

very tough game I am hoping we make it at least 2-3 and praying for a miracle 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Tomorrow Indian women team would take part in 4x100m relay in the IAAF World Challenge. No idea why is Dutee not entered in 100m race. mostly she didn't make the cut I think.. No Indian in any other event.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

7 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Tomorrow Indian women team would take part in 4x100m relay in the IAAF World Challenge. No idea why is Dutee not entered in 100m race. mostly she didn't make the cut I think.. No Indian in any other event.

good information ...maybe they will update it by today day end  .............. source ?

27 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

43.5 or so is a qualification time ....so if they were to hit that then they can hope to do another one later 

Indian Football is going to change a lot from next year onwards....India to have 3 tier tournament from next year...

November '17 - March '18   -  ISL - 1st Divison - New teams could be added

November '17 - March '18   -  I league  -2nd division  - 10 teams

November '17 - March '18   - League 2 - 3rd division  -10 teams

April '17 - May '18                - Super Cup  - Federation Cup

From 2018

September '18 - March  '18   - ISL - 1st Division

September '18 - March  '18   - I league - 2nd division

September '18 - March '18   - League 2 - 3rd division

April '18  - May '18                - Super Cup - Federation Cup 

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go