India 4 - 3 England

PGA Tour Valero Texas Open -Result

T13 Anirbhan Lahiri

LPGA Tour Chevron Championship -Result

71 Aditi Ashok

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

On 3/28/2022 at 9:05 PM, Fly_like_a_don said:

I am not sure about that. Sindhu hasn't participated in the event for years hopefully returns. 

Grandma Saina doesn't have a future so she should just give the opportunity to others. 

Next in ranking are Akarshi Kashyap (52) ,Malvika (61) , Ashmita (62) who are soft players without a strong smash in them or good deception so they wont make it big in future .

Anupama (75) will be close to 60s (between 58-64 rank) so hopefully selected as one of the 5 singles players. 

BAI will hold qualifying tournament, April 15-20, for Thomas and Uber Cup. Top-15 in rankings (Lakshya, Srikanth, Sindhu and Satwik-Chirag) are directly selected to the tournament. There is another clause where top performers over the past 3 months might also get direct selection. The way I see it, Prannoy and Treesa/Gayatri are the only ones who can realistically stake a claim for direct selection. But, I think only Prannoy would get it. 

10 minutes ago, Dolby said:

BAI will hold qualifying tournament, April 15-20, for Thomas and Uber Cup. Top-15 in rankings (Lakshya, Srikanth, Sindhu and Satwik-Chirag) are directly selected to the tournament. There is another clause where top performers over the past 3 months might also get direct selection. The way I see it, Prannoy and Treesa/Gayatri are the only ones who can realistically stake a claim for direct selection. But, I think only Prannoy would get it. 

Even Treesa/Gayatri are also automatic don't see Ashwini/Sikki getting that spot. That clause is put to put them in automatically and to make Ash/Sikki play qualifiers. Technically also Treesa/gayatri are at present our top WD pair in terms of performance in recent times.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Would be sad to see Saina play qualifiers, looks like she will also get automatic spot. But would be happy if she is put through qualifiers and fair field is presented in all. Saina is 2nd best but better to play few matches and get it through amongst our 2nd level players.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

5 hours ago, Prashanth said:

Would be sad to see Saina play qualifiers, looks like she will also get automatic spot. But would be happy if she is put through qualifiers and fair field is presented in all. Saina is 2nd best but better to play few matches and get it through amongst our 2nd level players.

I can put my money on it that Saina can't progress through qualifier. She may lose to any of the ' actual ' top 10 in women's singles in India.