website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because he stepped on the line in the first few meters (3 steps I believe)..

The Dutch federation has protested against his DSQ now, so we have to wait and see, but I really doubt they would turn back the DSQ (he broke the rules, so sad as it is, DSQ is the only correct decision..). 

well after how the czechs were robbed yesterday with Holuša disqualification for nothing, the czechs protested untill almost midnight but without success... so don´t have a lot of hope for Churandy too

Just now, Майкл said:

But, as far as I could see, he didn't step outside his lane... Oh, well, he was unlucky once again. :( 

I really don't dare say...from the normal camera view I think I can see him stepping on the line, but in a camera angle from behind that they showed now, it's not so clear. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dareza said:

Well, GOLD for Sandra :d

Did NOT see that coming! :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I really don't dare say...from the normal camera view I think I can see him stepping on the line, but in a camera angle from behind that they showed now, it's not so clear. 

Well, as a tennis fan I can say he was inside his lane, but it seems athletics refrees disagree. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Майкл said:

Well, as a tennis fan I can say he was inside his lane, but it seems athletics refrees disagree. :lol: 

But in tennis "on the line" counts as "in", in athletics it doesn't :d 

Much as I like him, I don't think there can be any doubt about Martina's DSQ:

Cm3WsEwXYAAMdMn.jpg