website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2017

hckošice

Start postponed to 12:30.

I can't wait for the Free Fall :wub:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Another postponement... And they dare to call St. Moritz as the most sunny place in the Alps. :p

Well it is sunny, there's just a band of clouds passing by all the time :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Jan Hudec was MAD yesterday :d

After one of the most poorly managed days EVER in ski racing yesterday, by you know who, (I won't go into details) cancelling our training (of course after the top 30 skied) then sending us up again to 3000 meters with all or gear on a blue bird day, then finally cancelling AGAIN. Only to try to do a training run today (with everyone, even the ones who got to ski yesterday) in a snow storm today. And nobody has the balls to say anything at the coaches meeting. #pathetic. #itsgettingworse So, I opted to say ".... .... .. ......" and stayed in bed. Now enjoying this killer breakfast at the post hotel in pontresina. #nutella @nutella 
For the all the guys that didn't go yesterday, hope you get to run. Doesn't look awesome though. #VETmove #stmoritz #stmoritz2017 #hotelpost #pontresina #switzerland #worldchamps #worldchumps? 
Besides all this the courses and the tracks the organ of crew have built and prepared here are HANDS down the most beautifully, epic, "safe" and spectacular tracks we've had all year. Maybe everyone should ask these guys how to build jumps. 
For how dangerous this sport is...
For how much money it generates... For how many fans its has around the world... For how much Tv coverage it gets... For how good the athletes are... For how hard the teams work with A lot of daily risk to their athletes... ITS AMAZING how un-professionally the safety of the athletes is managed by... We understand weather. We understand the danger of ski racing. We understand stress. Ski racers more than most. But it's time for skiers AND their coaches to POOR and sometimes #mickeymouse Decision making. Or perhaps worse, utter, blatant disregard for the athletes themselves. #mediawins abba said it best. #moneymoneymoneyissofunnyinarichmansworld 
And I didn't even give you the DETAILS!!! We understand stressful situations and weather. But yesterday's events could have been EASILY avoided if the FIS knew how to play chess instead of just playing checkers all the time. #thinkstrategy 
Sorry not translating into Czech. I only know the swear words (which are sufficient) but wouldn't get my point across properly ... have a nice day everyone!!!

Annoying that he says his Czech isn't good enough to translate it, yet he does write it in incredibly poorly readable English. 

Just now, hckosice said:

he speak very good czech ;)

I only know the swear words (which are sufficient) but wouldn't get my point across properly

That sounds different :mumble: