website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 14

10 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Oops early problems for KJT in the long jump, needs a big third jump.

Her third probably not big enough for gold but might be enough to get a medal if her javelin goes well. 

6.40 isn't big exactly, but it's pretty much on par with what she's been jumping in recent years, and keeps her in very good position for Silver or Bronze, assuming she doesn't screw up the Javelin. Could've done with putting 30-50 points into Thiam to retain a realistic shot at Gold, but that was always going to be tough - Thiam's actually been a slightly better long-jumper than KJT in recent years.

Anna Hall having a horrific LJ was very helpful. She's a better 800m runner than KJT, but their Javelins are similar, so she shouldn't now be a factor. Noor Vidts also probably not a big threat to Kat, unless something weird happens. Anouk Vetter too far back. Right now, I'm not really sure where the threat to KJT getting a medal is going to come from (obvious answer: from herself).

I'm super late on this, so I'm happy to discount anything already in progress (technically, athletics, Climbing, Swimming, and Golf!).

Artistic Swimming: Do our pair finish today in the top 5? Yes

Athletics: Do we win a gold today? No

Cycling Track: Do we win a gold medal today? No

Diving: Any Brits in the top 5 of the WOMEN'S FINAL? Yes

Golf: Do any Brits get at least par for the day? No

Marathon Swimming: Any Brits in the top 10? No

Modern Pentathlon: How many Brits make the final?  1

Sport Climbing: Does ROBERTS medal? Yes