website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 11

So we turn up and beat the two big boys the Danes and the Italians and yet still not the fastest team because someone else turned up faster too, and it's the Australians of course...

5 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

Some said about hudson smith looking injured how he runs the other day and i just shit myself when he came off that bend  

Was defo a funny stride or 2, I thought cramp had got him 

Just now, RussB said:

Was defo a funny stride or 2, I thought cramp had got him 

That's just his running style, it always looks like he's pulling up with cramp

Charlie's probably regretting not going for the mixed now...

On the selfish plus side for the team chances, it means one less race in his legs. He probably should be in both heat and final of the relay. Matt should get the heat off.

6 minutes ago, cjsavory said:

Nervous now about the 1500m. Who do people have winning: Kerr, Ingebritsen, or someone else??

Unless something crazy happens I can't see it being anyone other than one of those 2. Neither Tim C or Nugese have looked great in rounds.

Jakob can't win if it doesn't go hard, which likely rules out someone like Hocker who has the best finish but probably won't be close enough. Then it is a question of which of Kerr or Jakob is in the best shape.

Shame for Lina there, she was on the verge of smashing her PB but obviously was at her limit. Again, like Charlie, potentially good for our relay chances even if disappointing for her!