website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 3

3 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

do we know anything about the triathlon, isn't it tomorrow? 

They will sample the water at 3.30am and make a call. It will either go ahead in full tomorrow, or be postponed to 2 August. 

They will then test against on the morning of 2 August and if at that point the water is still not satisfactory they would need to make a call of whether to go ahead as a duathlon.

Edited by Jon

11 minutes ago, RussB said:

I’ve heard rumours on the grapevine (from a certain tawny coloured follicle related fella) that canoeing is set for a big boost in funding & reaping the benefit of other less successful sports being cut completely

Well for what it's worth, the window cleaner at my third cousin twice removed's hairdresser has heard from an impeccable source that UK Sport are planning on doubling funding for GB Canoeing squad - to be paid for by forcing all funded athletes to sign up for an onlyfans account.

Having said that, they also believed that we wouldn't be sending a team to the European Athletics champs this year....

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Well for what it's worth, the window cleaner at my third cousin twice removed's hairdresser has heard from an impeccable source that UK Sport are planning on doubling funding for GB Canoeing squad - to be paid for by forcing all funded athletes to sign up for an onlyfans account.

Having said that, they also believed that we wouldn't be sending a team to the European Athletics champs this year....

Was the window cleaner "just reporting what he's heard"? :d

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

8 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Gymnastics was going ok but a weaker performance on vault  has likely ended medal hopes vs USA or Ukraine. 

I don’t think that’s quite right. GBR can claw back ground on the floor at the end… they need to be clean on high bar and parallel bars though 

2 hours ago, Olympicsnell said:

i think we're 5th and 7th after three rounds of the shooting (top 6 make final) but its unclear cause the website looks like it had a melt down from watching pidcock as well, gave up trying to see how sailing is going....but doesn't look any shade of good from the few results i have seen

In order of positivity:

Women's Windsurfing - 2 races completed, Emma Wilson taking a 1st and 2nd so has a 5-point lead over Italy. Races 3-5 postponed.

Men's 49er - Halfway through the opening series. GB currently sitting in 8th place after struggling in the 1st 3 races before finding some reasonable form in races 4-6 - improving from a 6th to 5th and finally a 4th in the last race. I'd say the gold and silver medal likely to be out of reach, but the Brits are very much in the battle for the bronze. They are 9 points off bronze, but pretty much all of the teams currently sitting in 3rd to 7th are counting a double-digit score. 

Men's Windsurfing - Only 1 race completed but Sam Sills finished 21st so he will be hoping that will be his discard score.

Women's 49er FX - The women are having an absolute mare and won't be in the medal race. They are dead last having been black flagged in race 4 and then finishing 20th in race 6. Add to that a 16th and a 14th, and the crew are quickly racking up a cricket score. 

5 minutes ago, RussB said:

I don’t think that’s quite right. GBR can claw back ground on the floor at the end… they need to be clean on high bar and parallel bars though 

Dont even see odds listed on orangehair being wrong anymore

"charlie aldridge will be highest brit" :roflmao: