website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Pan has the most potential to join Popovici deep in the 1:43 zone but he doesn't seem to know how to maximise his potential in this event. He needs to be far more aggressive.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In 20 years the 100Free WR has progressed one full second from PVH’s 47.8 now at Pan’s 46.8

in 20 years the 200Free hasn’t progressed anywhere and 1.44 low still remains a world leading time.

Phelps and Popovic have progressed the time it but as it stands,it remains at 1.44

its about time that 1.44 low is about as common as a 47.8 100m Free

Dont get me wrong,I love how competitive the 200m Free remains,but 1.42 high to 1.43 low should be where this race is won.

The Womens 200m Fly is looking very tight and Regan or Summer could win it.

Dekkers is always improving and could be under 2.05 by trials

as for Steenbergen,I understand she is a favourite for many of the Europeans in the 100m Free and Im sure she will lift for Paris.

I think MOC and Haughey will be at another level.

Steenbergen may be fighting it out for Bronze between Douglass and the second Australian (Jack,McKeon,Harris or C.Campbell)

not sure on the love here for Gretchen Walsh.

Sure she was fast doing tumbleturns in a Michigan High School bathtub but still has plenty to prove in a real 50m pool.

Edited by dantm

Just seen someone comment on Swimswam that it is possible for the European men to sweep the golds in Paris.

Obviously on face value this looks ridiculous but the more I think about it it doesn't seem completely far fetched. 

1 hour ago, TeamGB said:

Just seen someone comment on Swimswam that it is possible for the European men to sweep the golds in Paris.

Obviously on face value this looks ridiculous but the more I think about it it doesn't seem completely far fetched. 

It's technically possible in the sense that there is at least one genuinely competitive European on each race. That's not really saying anything, though, it's usually the case. It's just the US, the Aussies and the Chinese also tend to have genuine competitive swimmers in every race, certainly between them.

Yeah, you don't have to go deep into the program to find an event where Europe *could* win gold but they probably aren't favourite - an on form Dressel or McEvoy would be favoured in the 50 free over any of the Europeans.