website statistics

India at 2024 Paris Olympics

Adding to above sports analysis by @Siddhartha Talukdar

Swimming and Diving : Already 30 young prospects have been identified and being provided rigorous training and support at IIS 

30 Swimming prospects olympics glory

Flag football : Andhra Pradesh and Telengana are power houses in this sports and India participating in the Flag Football World championship 2024 starting this August 27 which suggests India are in the top 16 in the world atleast with respect to qualifying through regional qualifiers

Archery : This sports has come under public radar and experienced Deepika Kumari has already announced that she is looking forward to LA 2028. Youngster Komolika Bari is almost sure to be promoted to senior levels in the women's team

Boxing : Success will depend on how much power the Boxing Federation of India can hold in the newly elected fresh governing body of Boxing Sports

Athletics: Javelin Throw pipeline is very strong with 12-15 good throwers in the top rankings . It is strong to the extent that an undescript athlete called Uttam Patil threw 80+ in a local national level Services meet taking place during the Olympics.

Wrestling : A totally separate Greco Roman team needs to be trained abroad totally away from the Chhatrasal ambience or local Akhara style coaching influence of the local coaches

2 hours ago, Roamingrover86 said:

We all are sad & devastated. I even planned my leave specifically for Olympics . In Rio I had the worst feeling & after Tokyo thought those dark days are gone. Even if we have bad olympics it would still be at Tokyo’s level & not Rio. 
After everything in Paris I still hold hope & maybe we will be closer to Tokyo but Yes, this Olympics have been filled with disappointment. I hope a proper post analysis is carried out & people are made accountable. We can’t keep spending crores of rupees & end up with no improvements. 4 years is a long time & with correct planning & proper people in charge we can definitely turn it around. What Prakash sir said is absolutely correct , players support staffs coaches everyone needs to be accountable. In successful nations if you don’t perform your funding is withdrawn. You have to stop rewarding failure & mediocrity & it starts with media. They need to stop hyping up athletes.  
Oh! & Finally we need to stop this hosting crap. We are simply not ready be it financially or sporting wise to even come in a conversation of hosting Olympics. The politicians just like another excuse to scam money in the name of hosting an event like in Commonwealth. We need people like Parth Jindal more involved who are passionate about sports unlike a certain lady for whom everything is a PR event! 

We cant manage the weight of an athlete. How will we manage the daily lives of 2-3 million people 

5 minutes ago, sounak said:

We cant manage the weight of an athlete. How will we manage the daily lives of 2-3 million people 

Apparently 2 athletes. Even Antim's weight cut was not managed properly, hence she struggled as her body was still in recovery mode. 

Just now, Roamingrover86 said:

Apparently 2 athletes. Even Antim's weight cut was not managed properly, hence she struggled as her body was still in recovery mode. 

What is the use of then saying with a big announcement "that we will have a 13 member medical team." Did they just go to tour Paris and take photos with the Eiffel Tower?

19 minutes ago, sounak said:

What is the use of then saying with a big announcement "that we will have a 13 member medical team." Did they just go to tour Paris and take photos with the Eiffel Tower?

13 member medical team has gone for the entire squad of 117 athletes.

Blame lies on coach, nutritionist, relevant medical team as well as the athlete herself. 

First of all, She participated in 50 kg category by her own will after losing to Antim in 53 kg trials.

Secondly , she has faced similar issue before Rio Olympics too

Vinesh overweight Rio Olympics qualifying tournament

2 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

13 member medical team has gone for the entire squad of 117 athletes.

Blame lies on coach, nutritionist, relevant medical team as well as the athlete herself. 

First of all, She participated in 50 kg category by her own will after losing to Antim in 53 kg trials.

Secondly , she has faced similar issue before Rio Olympics too

Vinesh overweight Rio Olympics qualifying tournament

Whoever is to blame should take up responsibility is what I am saying. Vinesh herself was very much aware of the weight increase but ultimately it lies with the medical team and the nutritionist to manage the weight. The coach and the athlete can only do so much.

I just wanted to raise a point here though. Why is it that always athletes are subjected to the highest standards but not officials.

The most clear instance of official lapse that I ever observed at the Olympics was when in last Olympics hockey bronze medal match almost 30-40 seconds of play went on without the clock running towards the end of the match. I do not know what to call it but I was surprised that there was no serious coverage about it. I think India won in the end so everyone forgot about it.

Other than that we know the lapses that always take place in boxing. It is as if the athletes are the ones who fight their asses off only to be subdued by elite people who sit on a chair and feel like they can do anything.

8 hours ago, tirtha22 said:

experienced Deepika Kumari has already announced that she is looking forward to LA 2028.

No please! That is scary :facepalm:Did she really say that? Will she be targeting another Olympics? I hope we have better young archers to take her place in LA. 
London, Rio, Tokyo & Paris 4 Olympic & still she feels nervous , it won’t change . 

Day 12- By far the worst day we had at Paris Olympics. The less said about the day the better. This is turning into a nightmare olympics.

We are still active in 4 sports  ( Table Tennis & Weightlifting campaign ended today) 

13 more athletes ended their Olympics campaign today ( 7 Athletics,  3 Table Tennis 2 Wrestling & 1 Weightlifting ) 

We still have 33 active athletes & have 3🥉 in our Kitty. 
As of Day 12 we are 67th   in the overall Medal table 

Medalists : 

Shooting : 3 

Manu Bhaker (10m AP women) - 🥉

10m AP Mixed Team ( Manu & Sarabjot) - 🥉

Swapnil Kusale (50m 3P AR Men) - 🥉