website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Zanni is out of the games. Italians have been very disappointed lately. They will probably go to Paris, just the two of them. Unfortunately, neither Zanni nor the girls were able to improve their personal records recently.

4 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Host quotas are 2 each per gender not 3. France can get 2 quotas additionally categories as host. But there are just 4 French lifters eligible 2 each in gender unless I missed a lifter or two as they didn't participate in enough compulsory events. 

So, please walk me through the French case. They currently have one athlete in the 59kg and Fegue who now would qualify both in 71kg and 81kg.

2 French participated in 59kg, Vicky Graillot is slotted for 71kg and  Fegue is going to compete in 76kg.

First of all, Fegue has to choose, right? I guess she would go to 81kg so Vicky Graillot can be selected on 71kg, along someone from 59kg. 

If my thinking proves correct, then French would use HC from 59kg and 71kg and Universality would go to 49kg, 81kg and +81kg?

by the way, the universality slots would go to the eligible athletes with higher ranking or not necessariy?

42 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Zanni is out of the games. Italians have been very disappointed lately. They will probably go to Paris, just the two of them. Unfortunately, neither Zanni nor the girls were able to improve their personal records recently.

awful job by the team and the federation :facepalm:

first, they basically didn't set any internal competition to these guys, despite having a lot of lifters that could have done it (and in case, being a useful replacement to the veterans)

then, they thought the early effort was enough and didn't push too much for an improvement

imho, those guys who are now just out (but maybe they still have a chance after the reallocations here and there) really don't deserve to go to Paris

I'm really annoyed by what the federation has done in the last couple of years:hairpull:

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

first, they basically didn't set any internal competition to these guys, despite having a lot of lifters that could have done it (and in case, being a useful replacement to the veterans)

then, they thought the early effort was enough and didn't push too much for an improvement

imho, those guys who are now just out (but maybe they still have a chance after the reallocations here and there) really don't deserve to go to Paris

I'm really annoyed by what the federation has done in the last couple of years:hairpull:

Objectively, neither Zanni nor any of the girls would have any chance of winning a medal. The top 8 would be the dream. Statistically, it would be better to take 4 people to Paris instead of 2. In reality, only Massidda has a chance of winning a medal but the terrible form of the all Italian team this year is also worrying before Paris. In the case of Zanni, he has been constantly injured lately and did not start or had 0 results.

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

There will be no relocation for Zanni, because in his category only China will give way. Unless there was a doping incident involving someone else. For now, the Spanish men will go to the Olympic Games as 11th, having the same result as Zanni and achieved in the same competition. Zanni was a bit unlucky, but later he did nothing to improve this result by at least 1 kg. Today his performance was scandalous - was it another injury? Either way, neither of them has a 0% chance of winning a medal in Paris.

Posted (edited)

men's -73kg, Olympic Quota Places

:INA:CHN:JPN:BUL:THA:KOR:LAT:TUR:VEN:COL

next in line: :ESP:ITA:ALB:TKM 

couple of big upsets Today...

first, Rizki Juniansyah overtook his teammate Rahmat Abdullah in the competition, in the OQR and stole from him the Total WR, which means that he will go to Paris instead of the big favorite for the Gold Medal until a few minutes ago

second, the great Shi Zhiyong missed out on Today's Gold and most likely also on the chance to get his 3rd consecutive Olympic Title

then, quite a few moves have been registered in the OQR among those who were in any case already qualified

finally, :ITA MirKo Zanni, bronze medallist in Tokyo, dropped out of the qualifying position thanks to the big improvement by :VEN Julio Ruben Mayora Perna

Edited by phelps

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, copravolley said:

There will be no relocation for Zanni, because in his category only China will give way. Unless there was a doping incident involving someone else. For now, the Spanish men will go to the Olympic Games as 11th, having the same result as Zanni and achieved in the same competition. Zanni was a bit unlucky, but later he did nothing to improve this result by at least 1 kg. Today his performance was scandalous - was it another injury? Either way, neither of them has a 0% chance of winning a medal in Paris.

Zanni is the first out of the qualifying positions, as :INA have 2 in the top 2 (and only 1 man per class can go to the Games) :evil:

he will surely get a reallocation (as :CHN will not select this class), but frankly he doesn't deserve that luck

just forgot :BUL, make as if I didn't post the previous part...:facepalm:

for instance, I don't know why they didn't try to make Reyes go down to 73kg or let Ficco go up to 102...it would have been a much more logical choice than the sh*t they did through those 2 years :bones:

however, I still asking myself why there was no plan B? (and C, D, E, F and so on) :bones:

Edited by phelps