website statistics

Team GB at the 2024 World Aquatics Championship Road to Paris 2024

Not sure what to make of that. Found himself a body length down on Fink after diving in and looked like spent too much trying to reel him in on first 50. Goes 0.5 secs slower than the semi final.

Think that'll be a big disappointment for Adam.

29 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Peaty's gonna have to put tons of work in if he wants to at least medal at Paris, his severe lack of negative split is very worrying. 

Whilst it was disappointing that he couldn't improve on his semi-final time, I'd say there were a lot of positives that he will take away. It would have been great if he could have had 3 swims under 59 seconds but his 58.60 was the fastest he's swum since Tokyo and he does seem to now be consistently in the low 59s which wasn't the case at the end of last year in the World Cup events.

Going into Tokyo, Peaty swum 58.87 in February 2021 and going into 2016, he was 1:00.05 so if you're a glass half-full kind of person, it could be argued that he is currently on par with previous performances.

It will be difficult to replicate the times he achieved in Rio and Tokyo but I think it is too early to be discounting his medal prospects. 

4 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Whilst it was disappointing that he couldn't improve on his semi-final time, I'd say there were a lot of positives that he will take away. It would have been great if he could have had 3 swims under 59 seconds but his 58.60 was the fastest he's swum since Tokyo and he does seem to now be consistently in the low 59s which wasn't the case at the end of last year in the World Cup events.

Going into Tokyo, Peaty swum 58.87 in February 2021 and going into 2016, he was 1:00.05 so if you're a glass half-full kind of person, it could be argued that he is currently on par with previous performances.

It will be difficult to replicate the times he achieved in Rio and Tokyo but I think it is too early to be discounting his medal prospects. 

I think what concerns me the most is that when everyone were at their freshest (not having to swim more than once in a day) he struggled a bit to keep up with them. I am gonna wait to see how he's doing after trials and mare nostrum (if he does them) before making any final judgement. 

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

Scott 4th in 1:46.24 and through the first semifinal, Wood 2:11.20 and sixth.

Tomorrow:

0640 Swimming Men's 50m Breaststroke Heat 5 - Adam Peaty

0652 Swimming Women's 200m Freestyle Heat 3 - Lucy Hope

0707 Swimming Men's 200m Butterfly Heat 2 - Max Litchfield

1102 High Diving Men's 27m Rounds 1-2 - Aidan Heslop

1602 Swimming Men's 200m Freestyle Final - Duncan Scott

1634 Swimming Men's 50m Breaststroke Semifinals - Adam Peaty

1651 Swimming Women's 100m Backstroke Final - Kathleen Dawson, Lauren Cox

1713 Swimming Women's 200m Freestyle Semifinals - Lucy Hope

1733 Swimming Men's 200m Butterfly Semifinals - Max Litchfield

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Peaty third in his heat, 27.23, and through.

Hope fifth in hers, 1:59.56 and out

Litchfield won his in 1:57.48 and through

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold