website statistics

Men's Football CONMEBOL Under 23 South American Olympic Qualification Tournament 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I still hate this team but, obviously, im glad for the qualification and with victory against our biggest rival.

AT LAST Gondou was from the beggining being the top scorer coming from the bench.

I dont see too much the brazilian team in this tournament but for i watch, is one of the worst brazilians team i have ever seen counting U 17, U 20, U 23 And senior team, with very few interesting player and NO REACTION at all after the argentinian goal.

5 minutes ago, konig said:

I still hate this team but, obviously, im glad for the qualification and with victory against our biggest rival.

AT LAST Gondou was from the beggining being the top scorer coming from the bench.

I dont see too much the brazilian team in this tournament but for i watch, is one of the worst brazilians team i have ever seen counting U 17, U 20, U 23 And senior team, with very few interesting player and NO REACTION at all after the argentinian goal.

It was painful watch this game. Our team couldnt even oass the ball correctly.

We had a lot of cuts of athletes for so many reasons. We have juch better players than those who competed, but they wont allowed by their teams or got injured.

Kennedy was the only player doing anything.  

Overall, Brazil was missing way too many players to play any decent football (but so was ARG, to a degree).  

If Scaloni is the coach and the best possible eligible players are present (big if) it shouldn't be too difficult to win a medal taking into account how many big teams failed to qualify.

2 minutes ago, Laraja said:

It was painful watch this game. Our team couldnt even oass the ball correctly.

We had a lot of cuts of athletes for so many reasons. We have juch better players than those who competed, but they wont allowed by their teams or got injured.

Thanks for the explanation, i imagine what hard was for you to watch this match, while i was watching the match i thought "this is not Brazil" more than once.

2 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Kennedy was the only player doing anything.  

Overall, Brazil was missing way too many players to play any decent football (but so was ARG, to a degree).  

If Scaloni is the coach and the best possible eligible players are present (big if) it shouldn't be too difficult to win a medal taking into account how many big teams failed to qualify.

Scaloni sayed he wont be in olimpics, i hope something happen to make the contrary :p

24 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Yes, I recently read somewhere that Brazilian federation is having a lot of conflict & even FIFA threatened Brazil with sanctions( possible Ban) due to government interference in running the football federation. Is it related to current president of the CBF or the election in CBF?

It started because of a problem that happened during the last election. It is complex but the votes for president come from Clubs (First and Second Divisions) and Federations from each Brazilian state. The votes from Federations have a bigger weight (They worth twice or three times more). Seems something didn't occur correctly during the election in 2018, and since then there is a burocratic dispute for the throne.

In few words: it is a bunch of corruption.

We got without a president during some weeks because of that (actually we still are without one, because he is completely idiot). He found a way to come back, and now I don't know what is gonna happen.

They said a new election would happen last month, but once the president is back, I think this idea  was put away.

As for the ban from Fifa, I really dont believe on it. It is easier Fifa does something similar what IOC does with Boxing than banning one of their biggest brand.