website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Lol, nobody is even commenting on who won men's walk :d

I was too busy commenting about it on a Dutch forum :d (no joke btw, I did watch it from start to finish with a 5 minute interruption when I switched to archery) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Fantastic performance by the Kenyan guy btw, great to see an African walker going up front in the walk for a while. I was a little sad to see the Chinese take the gold and silver so dominant, but it was a good fight for bronze between Bird-Smith and Bonfim and some great results behind there with Evan Dunfee in 10th :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

53 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Fantastic performance by the Kenyan guy btw, great to see an African walker going up front in the walk for a while. I was a little sad to see the Chinese take the gold and silver so dominant, but it was a good fight for bronze between Bird-Smith and Bonfim and some great results behind there with Evan Dunfee in 10th :)

Absolutely amazing 4th place and Brazilian record for Caio Bonfim :bowdown: also Bosworth ! wow what a race from the young british, he animated the race during the whole competition :)

Klosterhalfen weighs like 20kg or something :d 

16 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

So disappointing to see the Olympic stadium so empty :(

They should make these kind of stadiums smaller. Rather a 20k-people stadium that's totally full than a bigger stadium that's half full. 

Van Niekerk is in fantastic shape by the way :bowdown:

Taplin looking really good as well.